How long can we park a boat and trailer on the driveway

Closed Thread
Old 01-03-2020, 09:04 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UptownBee View Post
I'm following this thread with interest because we are considering buying a 2019 Winnebago Era 70A class B coach that will also serve as our 2nd vehicle. Our 1st vehicle is a 2-seater. Will I be allowed to park this in the driveway (it won't fit in the garage due to the height of the vehicle)?. It's 22 feet long and looks more like a mercedes benz van than an rv. Will I be the "bad" neighbor on the street if I park this in my driveway? We are specifically shopping for an end patio villa on one of the no outlet streets that you typically see in the patio villa neighborhoods in an attempt for a more private driveway (with the intent of parking this 22 foot van in the driveway). This is a $100k coach so before I buy that I'd really like to get input from Villagers on whether they would find it offensive/annoying if their neighbor had this type of coach parked in their driveway. I really need to coach accessible to use every couple of days so I don't want to put it in a storage lot. I'll do the research to see if I can legally park it in my driveway but I really don't want to be that annoying neighbor that everyone complains about.
The short answer is no, you will not be able to park it your driveway, nor on the the street. Again, check your deed restrictions. You will most likely have 72 hours to park it in your driveway, then it will have to be moved. Most folks here use one of the local RV parking companies for that.

I'm really curious as to what type of driveway you'll have - mine is a villa with the arced driveway. No way I could get a 22' vehicle on there.
Old 01-03-2020, 09:28 AM

Us as well. Here six years and truly value the residents that upholds the standards.
Old 01-03-2020, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerlampert View Post
I would like to know how long we can park a boat on a trailer in our driveway?
Thanks for the response.
Call community watch and ask..get the person's name..date your conversation.. done
Old 01-03-2020, 10:21 AM

I called Community Standards and got some clarification on what is considered an RV. If the vehicle has water and electric hookup it's considered an RV and the 72 hours restriction would be in effect. I'm glad this topic came up and I called because I thought if it looked like a van and fit in the driveway you would be okay.
Old 01-03-2020, 11:08 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
I called Community Standards and got some clarification on what is considered an RV. If the vehicle has water and electric hookup it's considered an RV and the 72 hours restriction would be in effect. I'm glad this topic came up and I called because I thought if it looked like a van and fit in the driveway you would be okay.
Haha - that is too funny! It looks like a van and should be OK? It's 22' long! I have never seen a "van" anywhere near that long. Putting a dress on a pig doesn't make it any less of a pig.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.
Old 01-03-2020, 11:50 AM
Send a message via AIM to vitacr
Default Boat & trailer

Why not consider storing your RV (or boat) in one of the many official storage areas in The Villages & surrounding area????????
Old 01-03-2020, 02:16 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
I salute you for taking the time to get the information bafore hand. So many don't do that, and then complain about "too many rules".

Thank you for being a good neighbor.
Old 01-03-2020, 04:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeannske View Post
You can park a camper or boat for 72 hours in your driveway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrvalley View Post
The short answer is no, you will not be able to park it your driveway, nor on the the street. Again, check your deed restrictions. You will most likely have 72 hours to park it in your driveway, then it will have to be moved. Most folks here use one of the local RV parking companies for that.

I'm really curious as to what type of driveway you'll have - mine is a villa with the arced driveway. No way I could get a 22' vehicle on there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmarr View Post
Call community watch and ask..get the person's name..date your conversation.. done
Quote:
Op called and posted what he found out in Post 28.
Sometimes it pays to read all the posts...…..
Old 01-03-2020, 04:33 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerlampert View Post
I would like to know how long we can park a boat on a trailer in our driveway?
Thanks for the response.
Sounds like you don’t have place to store it. I would think TV would tell you park it in your driveway then go to one of the 10 or so storage places & get a storage unit, then come back & get it out of there. Probably they’ll give you 2 hrs. Don’t mean to sound like a prude but seriously they’ll probably say 2 to 4 days!
Old 01-03-2020, 04:36 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Op called and posted what he found out in Post 28.
Sometimes it pays to read all the posts...…..
Actually - it pays to call the proper place rather than go on line and get opinions.
Old 01-03-2020, 07:45 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,327 Times in 1,442 Posts

Quote:
I'm following this thread with interest because we are considering buying a 2019 Winnebago Era 70A class B coach that will also serve as our 2nd vehicle. Our 1st vehicle is a 2-seater. Will I be allowed to park this in the driveway (it won't fit in the garage due to the height of the vehicle)?. It's 22 feet long and looks more like a mercedes benz van than an rv. Will I be the "bad" neighbor on the street if I park this in my driveway? We are specifically shopping for an end patio villa on one of the no outlet streets that you typically see in the patio villa neighborhoods in an attempt for a more private driveway (with the intent of parking this 22 foot van in the driveway). This is a $100k coach so before I buy that I'd really like to get input from Villagers on whether they would find it offensive/annoying if their neighbor had this type of coach parked in their driveway. I really need to coach accessible to use every couple of days so I don't want to put it in a storage lot. I'll do the research to see if I can legally park it in my driveway but I really don't want to be that annoying neighbor that everyone complains about.
I found out the hard way about parking a Class B Pleasure-Way van in the driveway. Before we bought our home we rented and drove down from Ohio in the Class B. I got the notice on the 4th day to move it. I was in a bind as that was the only vehicle we had down here. I appealed the notice stating that the management company that rented the home had nothing in their contract regarding deed restrictions of any kind. I was only here for one month and after going back and forth with them they let me keep it there. I did talk to the other owners on the Cul-de-sac and asked if they would prefer me parking on the street or the driveway, they understood my dilemma and all preferred that I keep it in the driveway. Compliance did contact the owner of the home as well as the management company instructing them both to show copies of the restrictions. I will say the compliance department was very tough and if I would not have had the contract with me they would have made me move it, they even gave me the address of the storage facility on 466 at that time. In closing, if you are planning on bringing down a Class B be prepared to pay for storage.
Old 01-03-2020, 10:38 PM

you can park a car on the street there are no rules about it in Sumpter County
Old 01-04-2020, 06:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
sorry glad you called, but it could be $500,000, rules still apply

Last edited by asianthree; 01-04-2020 at 07:03 AM.
Old 01-04-2020, 07:04 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyfarmer View Post
you can park a car on the street there are no rules about it in Sumpter County
Villa streets are different.
Old 01-04-2020, 08:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Actually - it pays to call the proper place rather than go on line and get opinions.
Point well made.👍

Tags
trailer, long, driveway, boat, park

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.