I could not believe my eyes.

Closed Thread
Old 12-30-2007, 02:14 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: I could not believe my eyes.

OK. Let's imagine for a moment that "the developer" or "the CDD" created one or two "Doggie Doo Run Runs" around TV. That would still result in about 90% of the dog poopulation population being over a mile or two from the Doggie Doo places. Now, how many doggie people would actual make their 2 to 3 times per day jaunt to one of those Doggie Doo Places in place of their more typical walk around the block?

My point is that it is very doubtful that building a couple more Doggie Doo places will significantly remedy the problem that most folks are concerned with. The solution is more thinking/considerate dog owners.
Brockton, MA 1946-49 * Fort Lauderdale 1950-66 * Northern Virginia (Army) 1967-69 * North Lauderdale 1970-72 * Coconut Creek 1973-87 * St. Louis 1988-89 # Northern Virginia (again) 1990-2000 * Destin, FL 2001-08 * The Villages - Amelia/Hadley
Old 12-30-2007, 02:43 PM
Gold member

Chelsea,

"Clean up Doody" will work for me.

We also could have a new :cop:force. As you go somewhere, and see an offender, hand out neighbor citations to all offenders.

Penalty?

Where I use to work we had the "Window Police" - in case you opened your window. Penalty - removal of window openers. Then there were the "Heat and Air Conditioner Police" in case you changed any settings. Penalty - locked control boxes. The latter was a major problem, if your office faced south and another office on the line faced north - one office was hot and the other cold.

What can I say. I believe you should curb your pet. I would hate to see it come to the above suggestion.

IMHO

Hyacinth Bucket
Old 12-30-2007, 02:43 PM

On Christmas Day I was sitting out on the lanai and heard a man talking as if he was right next to me. He was! This person was walking his little dog on our property right by the lanai. We also have a corner lot. I could almost understand if he was on the street and the dog was walking on our grass, but the man was actually walking on our grass as if it was a field. I was shocked, but did not say anything since it was Christmas and I soon realized he was company visiting a neighbor. Hopefully this was a first and last!
Old 12-30-2007, 06:20 PM
Gold member

Oh gosh, There is just no accounting for rude people and their dogs. I think having some Village sanctioned dog parks would be a great idea for the convenience of the dog owners. It would not change the fact that some people are just clueless and careless about monitoring there animals daily routine and picking up afterwards.
If someone is trespassing on my lawn I'm going to call them on it, and that is probably the most effective solution. If you see someone not picking up after there animal, mention it to them and ask them to clean it up. Hopefully they will get the message. :dontknow:
Old 12-30-2007, 07:23 PM
Veteran member

I personally think this topic is a little worn-out. I'm surprised that this was posted as a new topic and under a new title. I say enough already.
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL
Old 12-30-2007, 07:42 PM
Veteran member

Has the world gone mad! Would a human walk into anyone's home and poop in their foyer!

Allowing a dog to relieve themselves on a neighbor's lawn is outright ignorant and rude. I wouldn't want these people as friends. How would they behave if you invite them to your home. Would they poop and pee whereever they please!

Jan, I would have said something!

Old 12-30-2007, 08:19 PM

Perhaps there needs to be a no pet area of TV. I live on a corner with a fire hydrant right now and many people walk their dogs and of course stop at the fire hydrant. I can only remember one incident when someone didn't pick up after their pet, it was a teenager who was just (in my opinion) too lazy to pick it up. I did address the issue and is hasn't happened since. I don't live in TV now but I sure hope that most dog owners have the courtesy to pick up after their animals. I know that the dogs aren't human and accidents do happen, it is not a big deal if they just do the right thing and pick up after their animals. We have quite a large lot and my husband takes great pride in his lawn and it shows. Accidents do happen, no matter how well you train your animal it does happen. I have been a volunteer an the local animal shelter and humane society for many years and speak from experience.
:dontknow:
Old 12-31-2007, 01:55 AM

Hyacinth Bucket I

I like that idea for those who can take digital pics, post them here now that we have learned to import images.

Then send a copy to TV so they can impose punishment. Fine them once and if they continue to do it asses them with a higher amenity fee.

I think this person had to be a renter not an owner or his/her guest.

How could anyone who is a resident of TV disrespect you and your home by coming so close to the building? By the street as bad as it can be is nothing compared to right by the house and they should punished for it.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.