realtors vs tv real estate brokers

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 03-30-2020, 06:26 AM
Leadbone1 Leadbone1 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 277
Thanks: 43
Thanked 1,236 Times in 227 Posts
Default

I was a realtor in Ohio for 12 years before I came here last year. I checked it out. The villages real estate people are not Realtors. They are sales people, but they do have a Florida real estate license. They cannot show multiple-listing homes like from Realty executives or Century 21. Conversely actual Realtors cannot show the Villages listings. Hope that clears it up
  #17  
Old 03-30-2020, 06:41 AM
redboat redboat is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Not true TV sales associates can only show new and resales listed with TV and are not multiple listing members. In addition sales associates push buyers towards new construction. Resale through multiple listing Realtors is the best.
  #18  
Old 03-30-2020, 06:44 AM
stadry stadry is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: atl (marietta) - 1/20 bought on killington loop then covoid hit - looking again
Posts: 323
Thanks: 140
Thanked 223 Times in 109 Posts
Default

even i knew this part but thought it apparent to all & just confirmed in this thread,,, 'Realtors' of The Villages do NOT exist as they are NOT 'Realtors'l ( copyrighted word which can be used by only members of the Natl Assoc. of Realtors ),,, tv re brokers are licensed by the state as real estate brokers & sales reps but are not 'Realtors'
i wasn't asking for myself for for a friend who's selling her rental in tv & has a tv broker living next door.
understand re sales have plummeted in tv - they have too up here in atl
THANKS FOR THE CLARIFICATION - APPRECIATE YOUR HELP ! ! !
  #19  
Old 03-30-2020, 07:18 AM
Carolynphelps Carolynphelps is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 7
Thanks: 112
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default The Village Realtors

The Village realtors are licensed by the State. Please check your facts.
  #20  
Old 03-30-2020, 07:26 AM
ladyarwen3 ladyarwen3 is offline
Member
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Dunmore PA/ Village of Glenbrook
Posts: 73
Thanks: 117
Thanked 109 Times in 40 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BS Beef View Post
So I’m cringing at the replies to what may to some seems like a dumb question. But are you saying it’s best or at least not unusual to have 2 separate agents for buying in TV?
That's what I did. I had a Villages agent and a multilist agent. Ended up buying through the multilist. If you want a new home however, you MUST use TV agent.
  #21  
Old 03-30-2020, 07:37 AM
mikeritz53 mikeritz53 is offline
Member
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Woodbury
Posts: 79
Thanks: 0
Thanked 46 Times in 31 Posts
Default

Well said, but in addition the Village Sales people are just that. They are a Marketing staff employed by The Developer so they do not have to be and are not licensed. A Realtor has to take courses and a test to get Licensed, comply with a firm set of Ethics rules and take Continuing Education courses annually to maintain their License.
  #22  
Old 03-30-2020, 07:40 AM
retiredguy123 retiredguy123 is offline
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 6,448
Thanks: 663
Thanked 4,902 Times in 1,802 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolynphelps View Post
The Village realtors are licensed by the State. Please check your facts.
Can you please clarify? Are you referring to the agents who work for The Villages company? Because, when I search the "Find a Realtor" website, I cannot identify any of the well known Villages agents on the National Association of Realtors list. The term "Realtor" is not a generic term. It is a label provided by the NAR, which is a trade association, and they do not license people to sell houses. That is done by the State. You don't need to be a Realtor to sell houses in Florida, but you do need a Florida license.
  #23  
Old 03-30-2020, 07:40 AM
SnowflakeinDeLaVista SnowflakeinDeLaVista is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 22
Thanks: 1
Thanked 24 Times in 10 Posts
Default

It is my understanding that many of the people that show pre-owned homes for The Villages are called marketing agents or something like that. There are actual licensed realtors-and sometimes they do show houses- but the marketing agents are in effect representing licensed real estate agents when they show a house. At least that is what we were told a few years ago. It may have changed since then.
  #24  
Old 03-30-2020, 08:00 AM
merrymini merrymini is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 460
Thanks: 207
Thanked 698 Times in 268 Posts
Default

When we looked, we had a villages rep and an outside realtor because they do not overlap and we wanted to see the entire market. We bought a resale, although through the villages. When we sold after buying a new house through the villages, we listed with the villages and were very disappointed. We eventually sold with Remax and an agent who was terrific. A lot of experiences have to do with the real estate PERSON you deal with. I would not list with the villages because their focus is on selling new properties.
  #25  
Old 03-30-2020, 08:26 AM
jonathanb jonathanb is offline
Member
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The Villages, FL
Posts: 75
Thanks: 19
Thanked 67 Times in 31 Posts
Default

I am a retired Villages real estate representative. We are all licensed Florida real estate agents. Because Properties of The Villages does not co broke with outside brokerages we cannot sell their pre owned listings and they cannot sell Properties of The Villages pre owned listings. Also, Outside brokers cannot sell new homes. Only Properties of The Villages reps can sell them. We are not realtors because our broker does not require us to be Being a realtor just means you paid dues to belong to the national association of realtors. It is not an added license. I know I was a realtor in Pa.
  #26  
Old 03-30-2020, 08:34 AM
jonathanb jonathanb is offline
Member
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The Villages, FL
Posts: 75
Thanks: 19
Thanked 67 Times in 31 Posts
Default RE The Villages

Quote:
Originally Posted by BS Beef View Post
So I’m cringing at the replies to what may to some seems like a dumb question. But are you saying it’s best or at least not unusual to have 2 separate agents for buying in TV?
Bottom line is The Villages reps are licensed by the state but The Villages does not co broke with MLS brokers. If you want to see a greater number of pre owned homes you will need to agents. One Villages agent and an outside agent. But for new construction only a Villages rep can show and sell them.
  #27  
Old 03-30-2020, 08:51 AM
Bobzlla Bobzlla is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

We worked with a TV sales agent a couple months ago who showed us several new and previously owned homes from their inventory. We had
also viewed a few non- TV listings when there were open houses. As we had a good relationship with our TV agent, we approached him about seeing some other homes listed by outside agents. He advised he was happy to take us around and arrange appointments, however he receives no compensation if we do proceed with a purchase of one. There is no arrangement obviously to have shared commission.
  #28  
Old 03-30-2020, 09:25 AM
tophcfa's Avatar
tophcfa tophcfa is offline
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Wherever I happen to be.
Posts: 3,052
Thanks: 1,455
Thanked 3,548 Times in 1,095 Posts
Default

We specifically wanted a pre-owned home with a private back yard, either a pool or room to build one, little to no remaining bond balance, and under a certain price point. We used both a VIllages Real Estate Agent as well as a Liscenced Independent Realator, with access to the Multiple Listing Service. This allowed us to search ALL pre-owned homes on the market (except for sale by owners) that appeared to fit our criteria. Our search criteria resulted almost exclusively in homes north of 466, which was our preference anyways. We were careful to select a Villages Real Estate Agent that was previously a licensed real estate agent, so we knew we would be working with someone who had prior experience working for buyers as well as sellers (Villages Real Estate Agents do not work for buyers). We made it very clear to our Villages agent we were not interested in a new home and she never once tried to push us in that direction. We must have looked at 50 houses, about 30 Villages listings and about 20 Multiple Listings by independent Realators. During our home showings we insisted on walking around each home before wasting everyone’s time going through the house. We walked away from about half the showings after seeing that despite the back yard having enough room to build a pool, there would be little to no privacy.

We really liked both our agents, but were hoping to buy a home through the independent Licensed Agent, who represented us. At the end, the home we decided on was a Villages listing. Five years later we have no regrets with our choice. T & D built us an incredible pool/birdcage in our back yard that abuts a beautiful preserve with fantastic sunsets, we came in just under our budget after building a brand new pool, our home has no bond, and we love living right between LSL and Spanish Springs. Hope things work out for the OP as well as it did for us.
  #29  
Old 03-30-2020, 09:25 AM
vintageogauge vintageogauge is offline
Sage
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Posts: 3,027
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2,642 Times in 880 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redboat View Post
Not true TV sales associates can only show new and resales listed with TV and are not multiple listing members. In addition sales associates push buyers towards new construction. Resale through multiple listing Realtors is the best.
That's not true either. We were not pushed towards buying new construction, after looking at used homes we were down to deciding between 2, our realtor asked (not pushed) if we were interested in seeing the new section of Fenney at the time and we said we would like to see it. She did not have to push us, we realized the huge savings that were available down here and bought a new spec. home immediately. We are very thankful to our Sales Agent Beth Pope.
  #30  
Old 03-30-2020, 09:31 AM
vintageogauge vintageogauge is offline
Sage
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Posts: 3,027
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2,642 Times in 880 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymini View Post
When we looked, we had a villages rep and an outside realtor because they do not overlap and we wanted to see the entire market. We bought a resale, although through the villages. When we sold after buying a new house through the villages, we listed with the villages and were very disappointed. We eventually sold with Remax and an agent who was terrific. A lot of experiences have to do with the real estate PERSON you deal with. I would not list with the villages because their focus is on selling new properties.
The Villages sells just about as many re-sale homes as all of the MLS companies combined. I'm not saying which way is better but numbers don't lie. Picking the right agent is more important than which way you go. With MLS agents there are top listers and top sellers if listing to sell I think you know which ranking to go with.
Closed Thread

Tags
realtors, brokers, listings, estate, real

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54 AM.