Shopping Down South ???

Closed Thread
Old 11-25-2019, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomsiepop View Post
You state you have been "here" 2 1/2 years. If you read advertising for The Villages back then you definitely would have seen Magnolia Plaza Opening late 2019. I've been "here" for 7 years and yes, that was the advertising straight from The Villages not second hand. Last year the date was changed to Spring 2020. I would like to see a bit of progress with Magnolia Plaza. While it might not mean that much to you VINTAGEOGAUGE it is an inconvenience to many that live "down South"
1st world problems. We've lived in Fenney for 2 years now and the only annoyance is that the Warm Springs road construction isn't completed yet. We have no problem driving 10 minutes to either shopping plaza on Rt. 44. Yes, we look forward to a new Publix at Magnolia Plaza and "our own" country club when Bradford is completed, but we've got all the time in the world.
Old 11-25-2019, 09:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Bogie Shooter used to chime in regularly with "Patience, Grasshopper". He must have given up.

It will come. The developer does a stellar job (in MY opinion) but he can only build buildings, he cannot force people to lease them.

I have read countless threads on this subject here on this forum over more than a dozen years. I came here when Lake Sumter Landing wasn't completely inhabited with businesses and we didn't have Sam's Club, Joanne's Fabric, Michaels, and several recently added Publix. The market WILL respond to the need.

It took demographers many years before they really believed what they were seeing here and passed on that information to the businesses looking to expand. AND there was for a time a lull in this whole country on economic activity. Fortunately that seems fixed for now.

This rising tide will lift all boats.
Old 11-25-2019, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
From points south of 44 it is quite a bit more than 5 miles for shopping at the 441 corridor (Kohl's, Bed Bath and Beyond, Best Buy, Home Depot, Target, all the restaurants along the corridor, etc, etc, etc.. Those stores and restaurants, to me, are very important to be close.
Hopefully you are not waiting for all those stores to go up by you. Thinking you will still have to drive up to 441 for many even after the plaza is completed.
Old 11-25-2019, 02:06 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,286 Times in 1,428 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by parchiba49 View Post
Hopefully you are not waiting for all those stores to go up by you. Thinking you will still have to drive up to 441 for many even after the plaza is completed.
This post is about the Magnolia Plaza and somehow it got off topic a bit. No one was ever told there would be major shopping down here however they set aside a lot of land for retail/commercial building along with medical and office building so someday I'm sure it will arrive along with all the traffic it will bring. I'm in no hurry to see it, I go to Ace or Sparr and sometimes Lowes.
Closed Thread

Tags
shopping, center, construction, north, happening

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.