Tesla Tesla - Page 10 - Talk of The Villages Florida

Tesla

Reply
Thread Tools
  #136  
Old Today, 10:44 AM
sdeikenberry sdeikenberry is offline
Silver Member
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 474
Thanks: 43
Thanked 733 Times in 281 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastskiguy View Post
Teslas do parallel park all by themselves.

We rented a Kia ev in California and it was a really nice car. Charging was a bigger hassle though.
I agree with the bigger hassle to charge on the road. However now Kia’s can charge at Tesla stations do it’s much easier. But you do need the correct official adapter.
  #137  
Old Today, 10:55 AM
DAVES DAVES is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 3,763
Thanks: 206
Thanked 1,952 Times in 1,012 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by will1546 View Post
I see a lot of Teslas in the area. What do you think of them?
People seem to need approval from others. What do I think of them? Truth I don't care.
  #138  
Old Today, 11:12 AM
LeRoySmith LeRoySmith is online now
Gold Member
Join Date: Oct 2023
Location: The Enclave
Posts: 1,065
Thanks: 204
Thanked 843 Times in 398 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrref View Post
Charging is another consideration. You need a robust charging network or EVs don't work unless you are just driving them locally around towne. This is why many EVs are now compatible with the Tesla charging network. In addition, now Tesla lets you see how many charging stalls are available and how long the cars charging will be there. This way your chances of just pulling in and charging instead of waiting are greatly increased.
My first ev will be a tiny city car, I hope. If/when they figure out the range, battery capacity and charger infrastructure I'll consider one for my primary car. Until then I'll keep a heavy comfortable gas hog for my traveling car.

I think they make perfect sense for a runaround villages car, like a better golf cart.
__________________
I've got a pool. I've got a pond. Pond's good for you...
  #139  
Old Today, 11:58 AM
Pat2015 Pat2015 is offline
Silver Member
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 292
Thanks: 580
Thanked 292 Times in 140 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave951 View Post
I saw a tesla in a pond a couple days ago. Self driving must not have noticed the water
That was a medical incident, not a Tesla incident.
  #140  
Old Today, 12:03 PM
JRcorvette JRcorvette is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: Oct 2022
Posts: 872
Thanks: 868
Thanked 620 Times in 322 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by defrey12 View Post
One of the ugliest cars ever made. On par with the Edsel.
I actually thought the Edsel was pretty cool looking just different than all the rest. The Tesla model S is the best looking. There is something about not having a Grill that looks so odd.
  #141  
Old Today, 12:15 PM
twoplanekid's Avatar
twoplanekid twoplanekid is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton
Posts: 2,120
Thanks: 7
Thanked 817 Times in 348 Posts
Default

As a few people have inquired about what mirror gate card I am using in this video, I have included a picture. I using the one on the right so not the small round cloned card. I have not heard a thing from the District about their future gate sticker that will auto open the gates.

Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1950.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	113534  
  #142  
Old Today, 01:06 PM
LeRoySmith LeRoySmith is online now
Gold Member
Join Date: Oct 2023
Location: The Enclave
Posts: 1,065
Thanks: 204
Thanked 843 Times in 398 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRcorvette View Post
I actually thought the Edsel was pretty cool looking just different than all the rest. The Tesla model S is the best looking. There is something about not having a Grill that looks so odd.

Defrey probably drives a pale orange Pontiac Aztec ...
__________________
I've got a pool. I've got a pond. Pond's good for you...
Reply

Tags
tesla, lot, teslas, area


You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:14 PM.