Is there any chance that there are jobs in the area that would provide benefits?

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 01-14-2015, 07:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Please don't hijack this thread to a discussion of the ACA.

Perhaps folks with positive ACA interaction can PM ValeriJo rather than discuss here; or suggest here that she contact you by PM?
You brought it up! Plus it's germane to the conversation since OP is unfamiliar with it yet is looking for health care when they move.
Old 01-14-2015, 07:24 PM

I say life is too short. Do it ASAP. But... not without the job. Keep looking. They are few & far between depending on your skills. The hospitals always have jobs from dietary, secretary, maintenance , stocking units, housekeeping, to medical jobs.They are not all benefitted and you have to keep applying til you get hired. It took me few years but the lifestyle was worth it.
Old 01-14-2015, 07:28 PM
Gold member

That's funny
Old 01-14-2015, 08:17 PM
Sage
Publix provides benefits to its employees. They even announced last week that they would provide benefits to spouses in same-sex marriages.
Old 01-14-2015, 08:20 PM

I found a job here with benefits!
Old 01-14-2015, 08:32 PM

I also quickly found a job in my field with benefits ( dental) but The Villages also have jobs. They don't pay great but the full time jobs have good health insurance. Go to careersinthevillages.com. You will have plenty of company with folks working just for insurance!
Old 01-15-2015, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValerieJo View Post
We were not lucky enough to have jobs that provide healthcare until age 65.
What are you doing now for health insurance ?
Old 01-15-2015, 05:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
We would love to retire early and move to the villages. However, the only thing keeping us from doing so is medical coverage. We were not lucky enough to have jobs that provide healthcare until age 65.

Is there any chance that there are jobs in the area that would provide benefits? Doesn't need to pay a lot, decent pay and mainly the benefits?

Any type of industrial employment down there?

Any ideas?
What type of work do you do now? There are plenty of jobs that provide benefits here. The district offers full-time jobs with benefits. There are jobs in the medical profession, jobs in the educational field, corrections; the list goes on and on. It largely depends on what you are interested in doing and what you are trained to do and/or willing to do.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:11 AM

My daughter makes $21 per hour as a LPN with full benefits. There are good jobs here.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:53 AM

Try the lawn, pest control company called Massey. They recently advertised jobs that come with benefits. Also try Citizens Bank here in the villages. They offer full time jobs with bennys. Good luck and welcome
Old 01-15-2015, 08:59 AM

Quote:
We would love to retire early and move to the villages. However, the only thing keeping us from doing so is medical coverage. We were not lucky enough to have jobs that provide healthcare until age 65.

Is there any chance that there are jobs in the area that would provide benefits? Doesn't need to pay a lot, decent pay and mainly the benefits?

Any type of industrial employment down there?

Any ideas?
My suggestion is if you have a good job continue on as long as viable.

I visited the villages 10 years ago and bought a patio villa. I wasn't ready to retire but felt it was a great business opportunity. (Baby Boomer demand and finite land availability). I subsequently put the house on the rental program and managed to rent nearly every month.

When I was ready to retire I had a home in the Villages . After living in the villa for a month, we decided to sell and buy a larger home. In THREE days the house was sold.

Since I bought 10 years ago the squares have tripled (Lake Sumter & Brownwood) and the community has enjoyed robust growth.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:04 AM
Sage

Publix gives health care to all of their employees after attaining 1500 hours in a year's time.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:35 AM

Thanks for all the great responses. We both are currently working full time and get benefits through our employers. We have few years yet.

Since I am several years older than my husband, I would get Medicare benefits but he would have to pay for his until he turns 65. Thinking there might be a possibility of him finding a job down there once I retire.

You've given me a glimmer of hope.
Old 01-15-2015, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Thanks for all the great responses. We both are currently working full time and get benefits through our employers. We have few years yet.

Since I am several years older than my husband, I would get Medicare benefits but he would have to pay for his until he turns 65. Thinking there might be a possibility of him finding a job down there once I retire.

You've given me a glimmer of hope.
Of course you have (more than) a glimmer of Hope! Keep an open mind, positive attitude and "think outside the box" .

Come and join the thousands that are living the American dream!
Cue the Lee Greenwood song!
Old 01-15-2015, 07:57 PM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
Publix provides benefits to its employees. They even announced last week that they would provide benefits to spouses in same-sex marriages.
Nine years ago when i started working at publix i only worked 22 hrs. a week and got health, dental, and vision for me and my wife for $60 a month. They have raised the hours worked to 32 i beleive and i e the monthly has increased but still reasonable
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.