Talk of The Villages Florida - Rentals, Entertainment & More
Talk of The Villages Florida - Rentals, Entertainment & More
|
#31
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
The "Throwers" got a 50% pay raise. The now have a "better chance of advancement"? Advancement to what? "Senior Thrower"? "Jr. Executive Tosser"? How many people aspire to "advancement in the trash pickup industry"? If Jacobs is so keen on employee benefits and advancement, let them hire a few women, so they can really be politically correct. When's the last time you saw a woman Thrower? The throwers will spend less time in the "heat"? WTF, this is Florida, it gets hot out. & beside, how are they spending less time in the heat, when the length of the routes are almost doubled? & the Trash company & the District came up with this revision, without giving anyone a clue it was going on or they were even discussing it. Probably Bruce Brown & the Trash guys, having lunch at the Angler's Club. & let's see the "accident statistics" over the last 5 years. I haven't heard of any being reported by The Villages Daily Sun. Surely they wouldn't have missed it, if something had occurred. Is anyone who buys into this story, interested in a bridge I have for sale? Last edited by BrianL99; Today at 04:58 AM. |
|
|
|
#32
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
|
|
#33
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
Quote:
I don't tell Publix whether to stock the shelves from the front of the store to the back of the store or whether to use two employees per aisle or separate them and stock two aisles at a time. I don't tell the highway department whether to drive north to south while striping roads or south to north. These are choices the owner/manager of the business gets to make. The trash company planned to make some changes. The changes were publicized prior to implementation. The District may not have provided advanced notice to the NSCUDD. In the end, my trash days did not change, my trash continues to be reliably picked up, and my trash rates have not increased (perhaps other than a previously negotiated 3.5% annual increase). The internal operations of the trash company are not my concern as long as they continue to provide the same service at the same price.
__________________
Why do people insist on making claims without looking them up first, do they really think no one will check? Proof by emphatic assertion rarely works. Confirmation bias is real; I can find any number of articles that say so. Victor, NY - Randallstown, MD - Yakima, WA - Stevensville, MD - Village of Hillsborough Last edited by Bill14564; Today at 06:32 AM. |
|
#34
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
They are performing a service I'm thrilled to take advantage of and I'm not the least but interested in getting in their business. I spend some time and money showing my appreciation by giving them Gatorade and snacks as often as I can.
__________________
I've got a pool. I've got a pond. Pond's good for you... |
|
#35
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
__________________
DEF |
|
#36
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
__________________
DEF |
|
#37
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
__________________
DEF |
|
#38
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
|
|
#39
|
||
|
||
|
I think its safer to do one side then the other. This way the thrower doesn't have to look both ways to cross the street every pickup. You know how people drive here in the Villages, they can't even see the gates, let alone a person in the road.
|
|
#40
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
Wait till they adjust the trash cost by 50% or more down the road. Will you still think the same? |
|
#41
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
My Publix point is that I don't care how the sausage is made as long as the sausage remains available at the same price. How Publix utilizes their employees doesn't matter to me as long as their prices don't increase. How Jacobs utilizes their employees doesn't matter to me as long as my trash gets picked up twice a week and the charge on my monthly bill doesn't change. If I were king would I do things differently? Really doesn't matter, I'm not king. However, I'm willing to bet the Jacobs employee making that decision has a lot more information on the costs and benefits than the average homeowner posting on ToTV.
__________________
Why do people insist on making claims without looking them up first, do they really think no one will check? Proof by emphatic assertion rarely works. Confirmation bias is real; I can find any number of articles that say so. Victor, NY - Randallstown, MD - Yakima, WA - Stevensville, MD - Village of Hillsborough |
|
#42
|
||
|
||
|
What would the purpose be,
of having a CAN in the garage? You CAN, but no CAN do for me!
__________________
“In the valley of the blind, the one eyed is not king, but spectator!” |
|
#43
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
|
|
#44
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
Folks seem to forget that the District runs our government and not always in a way that's open, fair & competitive. |
|
#45
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
On the other hand, if the contract only stated the performance (2 pickups per week at a specific cost) then it seems Jacobs has the flexibility as long as they provide that performance. Sure, the NSCUDD would like to be kept informed of changes the residents will see since the residents will come to the NSCUDD to comment and complain. Perhaps that was not done but I didn't attend that meeting to hear what was discussed. But I suspect the contract, which I have not read, does not provide for the NSCUDD to control how Jacobs satisfies the specified performance metrics. I have no doubt the NSCUDD tries to do the best it can for the residents.
__________________
Why do people insist on making claims without looking them up first, do they really think no one will check? Proof by emphatic assertion rarely works. Confirmation bias is real; I can find any number of articles that say so. Victor, NY - Randallstown, MD - Yakima, WA - Stevensville, MD - Village of Hillsborough |
| Reply |
|
|
|