Villages Expansion in Marion County

Closed Thread
Old 03-14-2015, 06:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Hope they add amenities like golf and a square in the area
to accommodate the 300 homes

Last edited by karostay; 03-14-2015 at 06:56 AM.
Old 03-14-2015, 06:28 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
"The fact is", "not negative that's just plain reality"??

The fact is...those are statements of your opinion, nothing more.

And to call your post "not negative"? Yeah right.
Hi Polar Bear: We all approach problems/situations in a different manner. I've explained to folks before that I grew up with a father that had a John Wayne mentality meaning a man had to man up. As a kid I once said to him in response to a situation "that ain't fair" He laughed and said no kidding. Actually he used two other words (No ----) but I avoid swearing just not in my DNA that's my mother's influence.

So the issue at hand here is "overcrowding" "Overcrowding carries with it a natural negative connotation, except I am sure in this case The villages Lake-Sumter, Inc., local businesses etc. won't think so nor will politicians because he brings in more income and tax money.

However to ordinary folks like us it has an adverse effect meaning longer lines, more wait times, being pushed off the "free for life"golf courses. etc. To wit ask someone what they felt when their tee time reservation came back "cannot accommodate " This of course makes my opinion not opinion but fact. If I wanted to live in New York City I would have moved there.

My John Wayne mentality upbringing means I face these issues as they are presented and deal with them without the need to sugar coat anything.
Either accepts reality and deal with it or ignores it and lets it work against him/her.

Too often on this forum I read where a poster opines that a member is being too negative when in reality the subject manner is negativity and not the writer .

On the other hand I do like The Villages and in my little corner the surrounding neighbors exhibit all that is good about living here. I thoroughly enjoy their company and find them to be truly caring human beings and frankly the nicest people I have ever met along my travels over the years.

I truly hope I haven't offended you or other posters because my intent was only to express my reality.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 03-14-2015, 06:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I want to keep the Developers involved in running this place as long as we can. It seems the law suit giving control to homeowners north of 466 established an atmosphere and dealings not nearly as good a way as the way things are run south of 466. They are fussing and fighting over whether we need a line in the middle of the cart paths. I drove a long way today on unlined cart paths. I don't like the nit picking and dumb additions and foolish expenditures that comes from people running communities who have had no previous history doing it.

I am a big fan of how the developers run things.
Gracie this underlined statement in your comment is incorrect. The law suit had nothing to do with giving control of running 1 - 4 to the residents. I live within this area and we have exceptional elected officials who listen to their residents wishes.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 03-14-2015, 07:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Gracie this underlined statement in your comment is incorrect. The law suit had nothing to do with giving control of running 1 - 4 to the residents. I live within this area and we have exceptional elected officials who listen to their residents wishes.

Read this, Madelaine.

What Does The "Settlement" Mean With Regard To Recreation Facilities Management?
Old 03-14-2015, 07:55 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I've said this before IF you think they're done forget about it. Key West is a LONG ways away. Look at all the vacant property around TV. If the price is right they'll buy and when you look at some of the lot premiums they pay for the new land no problem. If you build it they will come. Is it crowded sure, but there's an awful lot here and in the surrounding areas.
Old 03-14-2015, 07:59 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Hi Polar Bear: We all approach problems/situations in a different manner. I've explained to folks before that I grew up with a father that had a John Wayne mentality meaning a man had to man up. As a kid I once said to him in response to a situation "that ain't fair" He laughed and said no kidding. Actually he used two other words (No ----) but I avoid swearing just not in my DNA that's my mother's influence.

So the issue at hand here is "overcrowding" "Overcrowding carries with it a natural negative connotation, except I am sure in this case The villages Lake-Sumter, Inc., local businesses etc. won't think so nor will politicians because he brings in more income and tax money.

However to ordinary folks like us it has an adverse effect meaning longer lines, more wait times, being pushed off the "free for life"golf courses. etc. To wit ask someone what they felt when their tee time reservation came back "cannot accommodate " This of course makes my opinion not opinion but fact. If I wanted to live in New York City I would have moved there.

My John Wayne mentality upbringing means I face these issues as they are presented and deal with them without the need to sugar coat anything.
Either accepts reality and deal with it or ignores it and lets it work against him/her.

Too often on this forum I read where a poster opines that a member is being too negative when in reality the subject manner is negativity and not the writer .

On the other hand I do like The Villages and in my little corner the surrounding neighbors exhibit all that is good about living here. I thoroughly enjoy their company and find them to be truly caring human beings and frankly the nicest people I have ever met along my travels over the years.

I truly hope I haven't offended you or other posters because my intent was only to express my reality.

Personal Best Regards:
My father said this on to me a lot. I thought he coined it.
“Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.”
― John Wayne

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 03-14-2015, 08:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post

Personal Best Regards:
Excellent post Rubicon. I can't say how I respect your posts and how I value them. Lately they felt a little different and I hoped you were still happy here.

Your fan,

Gracie
Old 03-14-2015, 08:37 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
Good point Gracie. Let's all future posters on this topic state if we are north or south of 466. Me, I am north, will not be much affected either way by this expansion. If we get a couple of good additional resturants out of the expansion, then I am all for it.

BTW, I am in the group who wants stripes on the cart paths..... But a topic for another thread
We live south of 466A - coming up on our 3rd year in May. It is exciting and wonderful to live here in TV. The developer has done a wicked good job and I see no signs of that changing.
Old 03-14-2015, 02:43 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
We live south of 466A - coming up on our 3rd year in May. It is exciting and wonderful to live here in TV. The developer has done a wicked good job and I see no signs of that changing.
You said it! Thanks.
Old 03-14-2015, 02:47 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
15 years here and we also think they have done a wicked good job !!
Old 03-14-2015, 02:50 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
15 years here and we also think they have done a wicked good job !!

Me too!
Old 03-14-2015, 02:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Sent my parents for the first time to our house. At home the sit in the house and watch TV and sleep. Here they have gone shopping visited as many rec centers they could find and got lost three times. It's the best time ever as my mom said. Thanks the the developer senior life can be improved
Old 03-14-2015, 04:55 PM

Supply (of homes) will only increase, 10-15 yrs from now 50% of the ppl who live here now will not be here. I'm not sure this community will meet the needs of those retiring during that timeframe.

What is the deal with the build out, what is it and why is that important, would someone explain pls.
Old 03-14-2015, 06:14 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanpaula View Post
Supply (of homes) will only increase, 10-15 yrs from now 50% of the ppl who live here now will not be here. I'm not sure this community will meet the needs of those retiring during that timeframe.

What is the deal with the build out, what is it and why is that important, would someone explain pls.
No big deal. The Villages a few times have speculated on an approximate build out time (when all the Villages will be done). Then all of a sudden there is some more property & more homes going in. Some people get fixated with the word buildout. The developers will continue to develop as long as they can find places to develop. LOL
Old 03-14-2015, 06:17 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

Here is some additional reading for those that care.

Class action settlement notice to Villages residents.
http://www.poa4us.org/classaction_fi...t%20Notice.pdf
Article from the Orlando Sentinel on March 9, 2008 about the settlement
Villages developer to pay $40 million for recreation upgrades to settle a lawsuit - tribunedigital-orlandosentinel
And the Tampa Bay Times
State: The Villages developer settles lawsuit
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.