Where has the Honesty gone at TV golf courses

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 04-04-2015, 08:20 PM

I lost my range finder at Tierra Del Sol a month ago, went back on the course to look for it, asked the ambassador if any one had handed it to him, no luck. Checked the pro shop and starter shack later that day no luck. Called the next day no luck went back three days later still not turned in, so I can sympathize.
Old 04-04-2015, 08:29 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGolf View Post
Played Havana today and inadvertently left a pitching wedge somewhere on the course. My bad. The disappointment came when no one turned it in. This is the first time in 60 years of playing that I have lost a club. I have probably found and turned in over a 100 clubs over the years. It is unfortunate that someone obviously picked it up and decided to keep it for themselves. Very disappointed to see this happen.
Was your name and phone number on your club? If someone finds it you'll likely get a call. Sometimes it takes a few days to get it back.
Old 04-04-2015, 08:40 PM
Sage

We were golfing a few weeks ago and in the cart in front of us one person lost their putter. Since we were directly behind them they turned around and asked if we had seen it. We hadn't. He noticed it missing on the second hole. The ambassador was going around asking if anyone saw if and the response was no. After we played a few more holes the ambassador came to us and said he found the club. We were delighted for the gentleman who lost it. The ambassador said he found it very stragically put behind some bushes. This means that someone found it and hid it and was going to return to the bushes to pick it up when the time was right. I dont understand who could have picked it up but they did.
Old 04-04-2015, 08:54 PM
Default Golf Club Taken

I was playing with 3 gals and we had a guy as a fourth who none of us knew. He kept commenting on a lob wedge I was using with much success. At the end of our play, he left the green without shaking hands, quickly picked up my club and roared off. I went to the clubhouse and asked that he be called but they refused. It even had my name and address on it. On the other end of the spectrum, I lost my hearing aids and someone picked them up and put them on a nearby lamppost. The owner of the home answered a posting here on Talk of the Villages and returned them to me. I like to dwell on the two kind people rather than the guy who stole from me. Happy Easter!
Old 04-04-2015, 08:59 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle

I've been playing golf for 40 plus years and left clubs several times---always got them back. One club is about the last thing a thief would steal. Think about it---what to do with one club. Relax---chances are you will get it back. Golfers are among the most honest people you find in this old' world.
Old 04-04-2015, 09:00 PM

Twice I have left a club on the course and the next day the starter called to tell me he had it. My name and address & phone no. are on each club
Old 04-04-2015, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaches View Post
I was playing with 3 gals and we had a guy as a fourth who none of us knew. He kept commenting on a lob wedge I was using with much success. At the end of our play, he left the green without shaking hands, quickly picked up my club and roared off. I went to the clubhouse and asked that he be called but they refused. It even had my name and address on it. On the other end of the spectrum, I lost my hearing aids and someone picked them up and put them on a nearby lamppost. The owner of the home answered a posting here on Talk of the Villages and returned them to me. I like to dwell on the two kind people rather than the guy who stole from me. Happy Easter!
Should have called the police!
Old 04-04-2015, 09:07 PM
Veteran member

I had someone walk off the green and pick my ball up 25 yards away from the green. Wow. They were looking for a ball for, honest to God, five minutes, and I think they thought it was theirs and it magically appeared in the fairway. That's not even where they were looking for their ball!!
Old 04-04-2015, 09:09 PM

Name and phone number not on the club. That shouldn't stop the person that picked it up from either handing it to an ambassador or taking it to the pro shop. No reason that I can come up with to take it home unless it's a better PW than what they are using today.
Old 04-04-2015, 10:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,794 Times in 672 Posts

In November I lost my Ping putter......I had my clubs labeled....the guy called me to return it. He said that he thought he just got a great putter but then saw the label so he called. You might want to check :: Golf Labels ::. May not save you every time but can't hurt.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 04-04-2015, 11:05 PM
Veteran member

As some one said this is a very large community and not all made up of honest saintly people. Just like other large communitys or small one for that matter.
Old 04-05-2015, 02:13 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

You have my sympathies. I would say the vast majority here are extremely honest but the vast majority isn't everyone. I would keep checking since it is possible it will be turned in in the future.in the meantime, here's hoping there's a putter you've been drooling for. You now have the perfect excuse to buy it.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 04-05-2015, 02:56 AM
Sage
Default It does happen...

the "ole boy" left his bag with starter at Havana to use bathroom, someone came up and said he was a friend of ole boy and was going to try out his putter, when ole boy returned and noticed putter gone, starter explained, man never returned, fortunately starter recognized man as he was leaving golf course, asked where putter was that he took, man looked puzzled and then said, "Oh, yea"...Ole boy never saw this man b4 in his life....Very fortunate that starter saw him. Starter asked ole boy if he wanted him to call police, he said no, just glad to get it back. Starter said that same day, a Villager bought a driver in pro-shop b4 playing golf and never made it to the first tee before it was stolen...I'm sure this is not the norm but it does happen. In hindsight, probably should have been reported.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGVillages View Post
100,000 people. DUI's, drug arrests, domestic disputes, golf clubs stolen, all happen in a community this size. It's just way less than most communities this size. Could also be a non-Villager. If someone won't move here because of a club not being turned in I wish them the best of luck not having the possibility of that happening elsewhere.
Old 04-05-2015, 05:01 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGolf View Post
Played Havana today and inadvertently left a pitching wedge somewhere on the course. My bad. The disappointment came when no one turned it in. This is the first time in 60 years of playing that I have lost a club. I have probably found and turned in over a 100 clubs over the years. It is unfortunate that someone obviously picked it up and decided to keep it for themselves. Very disappointed to see this happen.
I'm sorry to hear your club was not returned. And also sorry that the usual crew has to get defensive about The Villages and accuse you of being negative. You are not the villain here. Good luck.
Old 04-05-2015, 06:09 AM

Maybe the person who picked it up decided you didn't deserve getting it back. A few weeks ago our group of women picked up a visor and club cover left on the ground by the group of men in front us. We drove up to them to give the items back and received blank looks and not even a thank you for our efforts. We felt like they expected others to tend to their stuff. Bottom line, there are not so nice people everywhere on the earth. I have a new rule based on our experience with these 4 rude men, I'll pick it up and then leave it at the pro shop. I hope you had your name on the club.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.