Itinerary for one day visit

Closed Thread
Old 01-23-2023, 09:37 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
No, that list is of The Villages rec centers...

The closest Regional (larger) rec center to Brownwood is Eisenhower. There might be some smaller ones nearby as well...
O.k. thank you! We'll probably check out Eisenhower and possibly one of the other big rec centers.

Are the country clubs open for visitors to see?
Old 01-23-2023, 09:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulfcoast View Post
O.k. thank you! We'll probably check out Eisenhower and possibly one of the other big rec centers.

Are the country clubs open for visitors to see?
Rohan is another Regional rec center. It's on the NE corner of 44 and Morse...

And yes, the Country Clubs (and before certain people chime in to tell you, yes, they are really just restaurants attached to the Championship Golf Courses) are open to all...

They will also have a Pro Shop attached, as well...

-Tom Petty
Old 01-23-2023, 10:01 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,604 Times in 942 Posts

Let me tell you, you are in for a disappointment if you are only there for a day.

The allure of The Villages isn’t the flowers, the squares, the country clubs - its the lifestyle, the experience, the fun, the laughter.

You need to spend a few days (MINIMUM) to even start to understand.

If I only drive through and spent a day, I would probably not have gone back to rent ad buy. Just my opinion.
Old 01-23-2023, 10:01 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Rohan is another Regional rec center. It's on the NE corner of 44 and Morse...

And yes, the Country Clubs (and before certain people chime in to tell you, yes, they are really just restaurants attached to the Championship Golf Courses) are open to all...

They will also have a Pro Shop attached, as well...
Awesome. I think we have a game plan now.
Old 01-23-2023, 10:09 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
Let me tell you, you are in for a disappointment if you are only there for a day.

The allure of The Villages isn’t the flowers, the squares, the country clubs - its the lifestyle, the experience, the fun, the laughter.

You need to spend a few days (MINIMUM) to even start to understand.

If I only drive through and spent a day, I would probably not have gone back to rent ad buy. Just my opinion.
Thank you for your perspective and I think you are right - the lifestyle and getting a taste of living in TV would be ideal. Unfortunately, we have limited time to do this at this point so we're going to have to try to see what we can see in just one day.

We've been to some other over 55 communities and, while they were quite nice, they seemed too... constrained (not sure if that's the right word)... and actually kind of boring. I don't think TV will be boring. I think we will see that there is a ton to do there.
Old 01-23-2023, 11:06 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,315 Times in 594 Posts

If you only have a day, you only have a day. Sounds like you will be seeing a fair amount of it.

My first visit to Europe I only had one day to see Paris. People told me that one day wasn’t long enough - which is true. But I was sure glad I spent that day in Paris rather than not seeing it. It made me want to come back to Paris - which I did and you will almost certainly come back to The Villages and see it properly.
Old 01-23-2023, 11:15 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainger99 View Post
If you only have a day, you only have a day. Sounds like you will be seeing a fair amount of it.

My first visit to Europe I only had one day to see Paris. People told me that one day wasn’t long enough - which is true. But I was sure glad I spent that day in Paris rather than not seeing it. It made me want to come back to Paris - which I did and you will almost certainly come back to The Villages and see it properly.
We were doing back to back college tours with our kids not that long ago so I guess we're used to covering a lot of ground fast.

One day won't be enough but I do think that'll give us lots of reasons to come back. Thanks again for all the information. It's much appreciated!
Old 01-24-2023, 04:47 AM

If you connect with a Villages sales agent, be sure to ask them to show you Katie Belles and the Hacienda country club.
Old 01-24-2023, 04:56 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdoffive View Post
take a trolley tour. It's a sales pitch but gives you an idea of what tv looks like. They leave at specified intervals from brownwood.
ditto
breakfast spanish springs,
lunch brownwood,
dinner & party lake sumpter landing
Old 01-24-2023, 05:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator1211 View Post
If you connect with a Villages sales agent, be sure to ask them to show you Katie Belles and the Hacienda country club.
Really, OP has one day, and you want them to spend it finding something that no longer exists. How sad, and hope OP doesn’t waste their time with your thoughts, when they could be getting important questions answered.
Old 01-24-2023, 05:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

OP sent you a PM ( private message to your inbox)

Our oldest dragging his wife for her first visit in 2021 for Just one Day.

He had visited us for 10 days every year since 2010. She is not fully on board, but she agreed to a lifestyle visit in 2022 for a week. He has been sold since day one, wife after lifestyle, her views are changing, but not on board yet.

Both are Doctors, early 50’s, enjoy the lifestyle, but she is not a fan of heat like me. So as he said “baby steps,” is always a good thing if one is not sure. His statement is “houses are built everyday,” and there will be something available if and when she Changes her mind, because he is very optimistic.

Last edited by asianthree; 01-24-2023 at 06:22 AM.
Old 01-24-2023, 05:59 AM

Quote:
I know it's not nearly enough time. This is more of a check it out, see what is there and then plan a longer visit. I know TV is huge. I'm just trying to narrow down the must sees. We won't be getting guest passes to the rec centers and whatnot. We're not even staying overnight. It'll be a daytrip.
Guest passes are not needed to visit a Rec center and check it out. Enjoy.
Old 01-24-2023, 05:59 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,604 Times in 942 Posts

How is THIS?

Breakfast at flying bisquit - LSL
Drive to lake miona rec center - walk around
Drive north to Lopez Champ Golf - check it out
Drive to Spanish Springs - walk around
Drive to Virginia Trace, park at pool, and walk neighboorhood
Lunch at either Edna’s food trucks or Citrus Grove - walk around after lunch
Fit in (go see) one or two things you’re interested - softball, archery, etc.
Go to the other place (above)
Park and walk around a neighboorhood somewhere along Marsh Bend Tr or Warm Springs
Drive to Eisnehaurer Rec Center (especially if you’re a Veteran) or Rohan - walk in the rec center
Walk around Brownwood - dinner at Brownwood, listen to band

Adjust as needed -
You like golf, visit another champ course
You Like pickle/tennis, spend time at those courts at the rec centers or visit another rec center
Old 01-24-2023, 06:15 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,139 Times in 882 Posts

Quote:
Thank you all for the information and ideas. This trip is more to get the lay of the land and familiarize ourselves with TV as best we can in a day. I like the idea of fitting in at least two of the town squares. My thought is we will hit either Spanish Springs or Sumter Landing on the way in and stop for breakfast and do some browsing. From there we'll travel towards Brownwood and see about a trolley tour. Is there anything much to see in the sales office, itself? Once we take the trolley tour we'll check out Brownwood Square and maybe drive through some of the surrounding neighborhoods and shopping areas.

I don't think we'll have time to go through any houses. We aren't going there intending to buy now, this is more to get a feel for where we'll be looking.

What restaurant would you recommend for a late lunch/early dinner? Thank you all again!
I would recommend eating at Sumter Landing. Gators on the patio for lunch, or Lighthouse on the patio for a great view of the water and sundown.
Old 01-24-2023, 06:23 AM
Default Visit

Quote:
What would be a good sample itinerary for a one day visit to The Villages?
I would suggest staying around the Lake Sumter area. Then you can get to Brownwood or Spanish springs easily
Closed Thread

Tags
itinerary, day, visit, good, sample

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.