Itinerary for one day visit

Closed Thread
Old 01-24-2023, 06:34 AM
Veteran member

just drive around....in a car......and stop when you see something interesting to you. One day is not enough time to see many things.
Old 01-24-2023, 06:41 AM
Veteran member

Worldseries27.... PLEASE....there is no P in Lake Sumter!
Old 01-24-2023, 06:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlingal View Post
Worldseries27.... PLEASE....there is no P in Lake Sumter!
I believe you pass Lake Sumpter when driving on Morris Boulevard while heading to Finney
Old 01-24-2023, 06:46 AM

And be sure from the get go it's SUMTER, not Sumpter. Enjoy the day, relax and take in as much of what the villages has to offer. Pick Eisenhower rec center as it's fascinating, Seabreeze is a totally different look, a country club and all 3 squares, even Sawgrass too. As for restaurants I can't say as I'm not in real favor of any. Maybe outside at the Chop house for lunch.
Old 01-24-2023, 07:05 AM
Default Dinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulfcoast View Post
Thank you all for the information and ideas. This trip is more to get the lay of the land and familiarize ourselves with TV as best we can in a day. I like the idea of fitting in at least two of the town squares. My thought is we will hit either Spanish Springs or Sumter Landing on the way in and stop for breakfast and do some browsing. From there we'll travel towards Brownwood and see about a trolley tour. Is there anything much to see in the sales office, itself? Once we take the trolley tour we'll check out Brownwood Square and maybe drive through some of the surrounding neighborhoods and shopping areas.

I don't think we'll have time to go through any houses. We aren't going there intending to buy now, this is more to get a feel for where we'll be looking.

What restaurant would you recommend for a late lunch/early dinner? Thank you all again!
After your trolly tour visit Brownwood and eat a great meal at TooJays right there at Brownwood.
Old 01-24-2023, 07:30 AM

Get a cart, Start the early morning watching sunrise over the lake while walking the boardwalk, Then have an outside breakfast at Flying Biscuit. Drive through Spanish Springs and then down to Brownwood stopping at Rec centers on the way. Lunch at Brownwood. A walk at Fenny. Relax at a pool. Nap. Go dancing at a square.
Old 01-24-2023, 07:35 AM

Go to "Lake Sumter Town Square". Plan a visit when "Rocky and The Rollers" are playing in the square.
Talk to people as far as how they like "The Villages" now especially as "The Morse Clan" refuses to stop selling more homes which definitely is making "The Villages" way overcrowded North of CR-44 making it more difficult to go to a restaurant for dinner.

Quote:
What would be a good sample itinerary for a one-day visit to The Villages?
Old 01-24-2023, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainger99 View Post
Go to at least 2 Town Squares and be sure one of them is in the evening for the entertainment. Drive Morse and Buena Vista, go to a couple of the large Rec centers such as Everglades and Ezell and go to 3 or 4 open houses to get a feel for what is out there and what it costs. I would not play pickleball or golf - I assume that people have done that outside The Villages.
Excellent advice. 😎
Old 01-24-2023, 08:07 AM

Quote:
What would be a good sample itinerary for a one day visit to The Villages?
Breakfast at Panera in Spanish Springs. Walk around the square. Lunch at the Lighthouse in Sumter Landing. Again, walk around the square. You can check out a trolley tour from there. End with dinner at Harvest in Brownwood and stay for the entertainment on the square. You can pop into Eisenhower Rec. Enter while driving from Sumter Landing to Brownwood. It will be an action-packed day. Enjoy!
Old 01-24-2023, 08:14 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
I know it's not nearly enough time. This is more of a check it out, see what is there and then plan a longer visit. I know TV is huge. I'm just trying to narrow down the must sees. We won't be getting guest passes to the rec centers and whatnot. We're not even staying overnight. It'll be a daytrip.
What Rainger99 said.
Old 01-24-2023, 08:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
I believe you pass Lake Sumpter when driving on Morris Boulevard while heading to Finney
Don't forget that left turn from El Camino Royal onto Bonus Aires...
Old 01-24-2023, 08:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by La lamy View Post
I would recommend eating at Sumter Landing. Gators on the patio for lunch, or Lighthouse on the patio for a great view of the water and sundown.
Agree. LSL is beautiful in the early evening. If you have the time, take in the lakewalk also.

Be aware though that the bands start playing at 5:00 PM so I'd advise getting there at least a half-hour before that. Parking becomes kinda chancy if you get there any later. Good place to park (assuming a car?) is the lot adjacent to Barnes & Noble. It is close to the restaurants and the square.
Old 01-24-2023, 08:22 AM

Quote:
We have dogs so I know we'll want a fenced in yard. That will limit the models for us.
Our neighbors have a large dog but use invisible fencing on their designer. Seems to work great.
Old 01-24-2023, 08:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,778 Times in 1,242 Posts

Many good recommendations here.

If not already mentioned, Country Clubs are open to the public and are essentially restaurants with a pro shop adjacent to a golf course. Good option for lunch.

If new is an option, suggest spending half the day South of 44.

Options:
Everglades Rec Center,
Edna's (for a beer or glass of wine),
Fenny Grill (lunch, nice short nature trail there),
Lake Okahumpka Rec Center, Sawgrass,

Drive down Warm Springs to 470 to see what's in progress. If coming from the east, you can see this on your way in or out.
Old 01-24-2023, 08:49 AM

"I don't think we'll have time to go through any houses. We aren't going there intending to buy now, this is more to get a feel for where we'll be looking."
That's what many of us said....and then the hook was set!
Closed Thread

Tags
itinerary, day, visit, good, sample

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.