Life Style Visit Now South of 44

Closed Thread
Old 08-26-2023, 11:48 AM

Ezelle does have a gym but it’s not very well equipped and it’s pricey to join. If you’re over 65 and have a Medicare plan, you may be able to join Silver Sneakers for free and go to Anytime Fitness on 44 near Brownwood.
Old 08-26-2023, 12:16 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amohernyikes View Post
Cons: You have to travel to shop up North or go to Ocala (about a 35 minute drive)

They also have Planet Fitness in Leesburg which is about 20 minutes away.
Your travel times don't make sense from the area the OP will be staying in. 10 mins to Leesburg. No point in travelling to Ocala when Clermont is under 30 mins and Orlando is 40 mins away.
Old 08-26-2023, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Pressure consists of here’s my phone number, call if you would like a tour.

We have made great profits from selling all of our TV homes. Moving, less than $800, for 2000sf packed, moved and on to next house.
We have also moved several times here in TV, and we almost doubled our money from our last house which we built new and had for 2 years. All of the villages are great in their own way.
Old 08-26-2023, 02:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,303 Times in 4,313 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
I don't agree. I know many who do not golf. They use the two cars they moved here with to get to anything and everything that they want to do. No problem.
Plenty of people who don't play golf own golf carts...

-Tom Petty
Old 08-26-2023, 02:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Some not so good advice and information here.
What's not good about it?

-Tom Petty

Last edited by JMintzer; 08-26-2023 at 03:47 PM.
Old 08-26-2023, 02:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,154 Times in 5,381 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Plenty of people who don't play golf own golf carts...
And some of us who do play dont.
Old 08-26-2023, 02:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,808 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat2015 View Post
We have also moved several times here in TV, and we almost doubled our money from our last house which we built new and had for 2 years. All of the villages are great in their own way.
This is a good reason to buy early and take advantage of the appreciation rather than spending too much time looking.
Old 08-26-2023, 03:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,914 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamela1130 View Post
I had a LS visit scheduled for last year. I had to cancel because my beloved dog got terminal cancer, and then my elderly dog went downhill fast after his death and we took care of him 24/7 for several months until he passed last month. Our LS visit was to be in Brownwood area. I finally made a new reservation for November and now the LS visit is in the new area south of 44. Of course they want to push the newer houses. Though I haven't been to the Villages, I have watched lots and lots of videos and that section just doesn't appeal to me. Nothing against anyone's opinion who loves that area, it's just not my cup of tea. I like busy. Anyway, if anyone has taken a LS visit there, what did you do? How far is it to Brownwood. Seems like about 1/2 hour. My host says that there is a gym at Ezell. Hubby goes to the gym 6 days a week and I was counting on Genesis and hoping the gym at Ezell is top notch as I have to get hubby on board to get a place there.
Thanks everyone.
Are you going to be full time here or winter only because advice depends on if you plan 1 home here or have 2 homes?
Old 08-26-2023, 04:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparksfurn View Post
We just had a blast visiting for 7 days of a lifestyle visit just south of Sawgrass. Stayed in a brand new villa. Shopped for houses. Lots of Brand new 1200 sq ft houses for $300k. Listened to live music. Saw a Bad Company tribute band. Rode bikes. Drove our golf cart around on the cart paths. Ate at three Country clubs. Swam. Met one of the tennis pros. Went to a Saturday market. Sat in our screened Florida room in the morning and evenings. Saw some lighting storms. Danced to live music at two different town squares. Saw a movie at a villages movie theater. Enjoyed all of the lush flowers and landscapes. The heat and humidity didn't bother us. We want to move there the first of the year. Visited all the town squares. The landscaping is just starting in the south end but if you want a new home that is the trade off.
This is just a joke. If the heat and humidity have NOT bothered you, you MUST be moving here from Ecuador. OK with that out of my system.......I will try to give good advice. Buy a house on a cul de sac or on some street with low traffic. Visit where you want to purchase at about 10 or 11 PM to see if there is any excessive noise. Drive on the streets in a golf cart and go less than 15 MPH - if too many people scream at you, give you the finger, and threaten your 1st born grandchildren, then pick another neighborhood. This is like a tolerance and empathy test.
........Note....many neighborhoods may fail that test.
Old 08-26-2023, 04:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaLady View Post
They only offer a lifestyle visit south of 44. You can not request to go north
In that case, I, personally, would say "forget that" and do my own thing.
Old 08-26-2023, 04:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,448 Times in 2,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
This is just a joke. If the heat and humidity have NOT bothered you, you MUST be moving here from Ecuador. OK with that out of my system.......I will try to give good advice. Buy a house on a cul de sac or on some street with low traffic. Visit where you want to purchase at about 10 or 11 PM to see if there is any excessive noise. Drive on the streets in a golf cart and go less than 15 MPH - if too many people scream at you, give you the finger, and threaten your 1st born grandchildren, then pick another neighborhood. This is like a tolerance and empathy test.
........Note....many neighborhoods may fail that test.
No neighborhood will fail that test. As for the heat and humidity, everyone’s tolerance is different. Once the heat index is over 102 I’m done. Under that I’m fine as long as I stay hydrated.
If you really want to leave The Villages what’s stopping you. If you need help let me know. But until then why not dial down all the doom and gloom. Most of it’s just an exaggeration of the obsession rattling around in your mind.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 08-26-2023, 05:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
No neighborhood will fail that test. As for the heat and humidity, everyone’s tolerance is different. Once the heat index is over 102 I’m done. Under that I’m fine as long as I stay hydrated.
If you really want to leave The Villages what’s stopping you. If you need help let me know. But until then why not dial down all the doom and gloom. Most of it’s just an exaggeration of the obsession rattling around in your mind.

-Tom Petty
Old 08-27-2023, 09:37 AM

There are several houses like mine that are for sale near Sawgrass. Two years old and walking distance to Ezell. Lower bond and taxes too! Check them out on The Village Properties “Preowned”
Old 08-27-2023, 10:26 AM
Default Try thevillages4rent.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Enjoy your visit but suggest you not buy anything.

If you think you will like it here, arrange a rental for a month or two to get a better idea of where you want to hang your hat.

Many people purchase and than a year or so later decide they want to move at a substantial cost.
I think that's the way it's typed... We rented in 2009 for a month and looked all around The Villages and then came back in 2010 and went to open houses. We found a perfect one that's central to The Mulberry Grove shopping, the Southern Trace shopping, and the 27/441 shopping. We love it here even more every single day after more than 13 years! We have also been fortunate to have 2 of our former CT children move here in the past 3 years, too!
And they love it, too!!!!
Old 08-27-2023, 12:17 PM

Thank you! Is this the area you are going to buy in? With the new house comes a higher bond. I like the Brownwood Square and have rented a place in there for January and February so we will see how it goes. I have waited so long to go, I know I am going to like it! November can't come fast enough. I'd be going in October but having a new granddaughter coming early October and then a big family wedding we have to travel to at the end of October. Thanks again for your insight.
Closed Thread

Tags
visit, area, gym, brownwood, ezell

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.