USAA auto insurance

Closed Thread
Old 09-07-2015, 02:19 PM
Default USAA auto insurance

Just wondering if anyone has any recent experience with filing a claim? Were they prompt to pay and did they then raise your rate or cancel when it came time renew?

I am a USAA member and just got a quote for auto insurance that is over $1000 less expensive than our current insurance (for the same coverage), so I am definitely considering switching.

Any and all experiences welcome.

Thanks.
Old 09-07-2015, 02:29 PM
Gold member
Smile

I've had USAA auto and home insurance for over 50 years and have filed a few claims in that time. They were excellent handling these claims and I just love this company. As to raising rates if you have an accident I used to sell insurance in my younger days and if the accident is not your fault the rates will not be raised. However, if you are cited for the accident your rates could rise. I'm pretty sure thats still true.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 09-07-2015, 02:37 PM
Sage

Mike and I have been USAA members since 1972. Over the years we have had a few claims and service was prompt, payment was issued quickly and rates were not increased. Claims were made for accidents that were truly accidents and not our fault. One involved damage to our truck being used by a friend. Friend was also a USAA member. Another was a window on our RV, broken while at storage facility. Most recent was damage to our lanai by a driver who had a medical event while driving. In all instances, prompt, courteous service, prompt payment and no rate increase. Savings in premium costs are not worth much if payment for claims become a problem. We still get distributions yearly that help reduce the costs.
Old 09-07-2015, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh View Post
We still get distributions yearly that help reduce the costs.
Are those distributions for your auto or homeowners?

The company we had all our insurance with in MA sent us a "dividend" check every year, but only for our homeowner's.
Old 09-07-2015, 02:57 PM
Sage

I do believe it is for both....I opt not to get a check, but have the payment applied to my insurance bill. Have auto and homeowners and receive one bill every 6 months.
Old 09-07-2015, 08:23 PM

Was a USAA member for many many years for both home and auto. Home started to go up drastically year after year along with auto with NO claims. They stated that my home state at time (connectic TAX) was expensive. Dropped them like a hot potato and saved hundreds of dollars.
Old 09-08-2015, 02:42 AM
Veteran member

I have USAA and have had them for 10 years. Had my first, at fault, accident this year. They did not raise my rates because it was my first accident claim and I have been a good and loyal insuree. They were great, told me where to take my car to be fixed and arranged for my rental car to pick me up at the autobody shop.
Closed Thread

Tags
insurance, usaa, auto, $1000, expensive, member, coverage, experiences, current, switching, filing, claim, prompt, experience, recent, wondering, pay, cancel, time, rate, raise, renew

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.