Last Night's Oscars

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 02-23-2015, 07:33 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
it is this petty crap, name calling and disrespect that got the original political forum closed.

That is the only reason anybody would be so crude.

I bet you do not have the cahones in person (male or female)
Just a reaction to the constant characterizactions of liberals as libtards. Don't like it when it comes back atcha huh?
  #17  
Old 02-23-2015, 07:50 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Just a reaction to the constant characterizactions of liberals as libtards. Don't like it when it comes back atcha huh?
What I do hate about anonymity and even worse here as guest....I do not get to know who it is I am correcting.

Since I do not use such adjectives nor resort to name calling when attempting to have an intelligent discussion.....your highlighted inference is not appropriate and is wrong.

I suppose it does facilitate one's need to throw darts....deserved or not.
  #18  
Old 02-23-2015, 08:17 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
What I do hate about anonymity and even worse here as guest....I do not get to know who it is I am correcting.

Since I do not use such adjectives nor resort to name calling when attempting to have an intelligent discussion.....your highlighted inference is not appropriate and is wrong.

I suppose it does facilitate one's need to throw darts....deserved or not.
As the result of anonymity it is not clear to whom I was replying. If you do not use such language, and I was replying to you, I apologize. However, many of your cronies seem to enjoy using that language, and it is to them that I replied. I agree such language is silly and demeans the conversation and was replying tit for tat. Keep it real.
  #19  
Old 02-23-2015, 09:45 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

It makes no difference if American Sniper finished first or last. He was a total loser! He wanted to be a cowboy before before coming a soldier? Lose!!

Anyhow, Clint Eastwood is a dinosaur shot in the brain and his tail is still twitching because he does not know that he is already dead!

Total crap movie. Just blame the high numbers on the loosers on FoxNews.
  #20  
Old 02-23-2015, 10:34 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
It makes no difference if American Sniper finished first or last. He was a total loser! He wanted to be a cowboy before before coming a soldier? Lose!!

Anyhow, Clint Eastwood is a dinosaur shot in the brain and his tail is still twitching because he does not know that he is already dead!

Total crap movie. Just blame the high numbers on the loosers on FoxNews.
I'm worried about your mental stability given your rant .... Hope you are able to overcome your issues
  #21  
Old 02-23-2015, 10:36 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
It makes no difference if American Sniper finished first or last. He was a total loser! He wanted to be a cowboy before before coming a soldier? Lose!!

Anyhow, Clint Eastwood is a dinosaur shot in the brain and his tail is still twitching because he does not know that he is already dead!

Total crap movie. Just blame the high numbers on the loosers on FoxNews.
Saw it again tonite for the 2nd time ,,, great movie !😀
  #22  
Old 02-23-2015, 11:27 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Here you go Chi-Town. You've got to keep up on your tinsel town happenings.

'American Sniper' Triggers New War: Conservatives vs. Liberals
Saw American Sniper in LSL with a few other guys from the neighborhood. Pretty packed theater; there was no hooting and hollering. Pretty solemn and respectful. I thought Clint Eastwood did an excellent job in presenting a thoughtful film that showed the grittiness of the Iraq conflict and the consequences. Can't really feel any political pull.
  #23  
Old 02-24-2015, 01:05 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I am asking the OP if his complaint with the Oscars was that a blockbuster didn't win anything or his presumption that it would have won but for its adoption by conservatives as a paean to war? If your complaint is that the Oscars won't award honors to Clint Eastwood due to his politics, you might need to retract that if you have any interest in FACTS. If your complaint is that blockbusters don't often win Oscars and always should, then you are aiming at the wrong target.

Here is the 2013 list of the top 5 moneymakers :
Iron Man 3
Hobbit
The Lone Ranger
Man of Steel
Fast and Furious 6

See any best picture nominees there?

And how is this for the Oscars snubbing war films about American heroes?

2010 top grossing movie Avatar, 2.8 billion dollars nominated for best picture, lost to a small budget, gross 49 million, film for best picture, The Hurt Locker

So your entire premise is wrong. Big movies rarely win, War movies often win, and Clint Eastwood has won when he's done better work including twice for best picture.
  #24  
Old 02-24-2015, 04:30 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I am asking the OP if his complaint with the Oscars was that a blockbuster didn't win anything or his presumption that it would have won but for its adoption by conservatives as a paean to war? If your complaint is that the Oscars won't award honors to Clint Eastwood due to his politics, you might need to retract that if you have any interest in FACTS. If your complaint is that blockbusters don't often win Oscars and always should, then you are aiming at the wrong target.

Here is the 2013 list of the top 5 moneymakers :
Iron Man 3
Hobbit
The Lone Ranger
Man of Steel
Fast and Furious 6

See any best picture nominees there?

And how is this for the Oscars snubbing war films about American heroes?

2010 top grossing movie Avatar, 2.8 billion dollars nominated for best picture, lost to a small budget, gross 49 million, film for best picture, The Hurt Locker

So your entire premise is wrong. Big movies rarely win, War movies often win, and Clint Eastwood has won when he's done better work including twice for best picture.



'American Sniper' Snubbed At Oscars, Wins Best Sound Editing | The Daily Caller


'American Sniper' Snubbed at 2015 Oscars - Hollywood Reporter


Actress Stacey Dash: ‘American Sniper’ Was Snubbed Hollywood Because of Clint Eastwood’s Politics | LibertyNEWS.com


Patriotic movies get snubbed by Hollywood | New York Post

There are many more news outlets that seem to agree with me that American Sniper was snubbed.

(But the left still has NPH standing there on stage in his underpants looking like a frail idiot!)
  #25  
Old 02-24-2015, 04:40 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

"Oscars stage becomes liberal political soapbox for stars

"Washington (CNN)Hollywood stars turned the stage into a soapbox at the Oscars on Sunday night, advocating on issues ranging from NSA surveillance to equal pay; the Voting Rights Act to immigration reform.

Even before the stars hit the main event, the red carpet was tinged with political protest, with actress Reese Witherspoon taking to Instagram to call for entertainment reporters to ask questions with more depth than the usual, "Who are you wearing?" of female stars."


Oscars stage becomes liberal political soapbox for stars - CNN.com
  #26  
Old 02-24-2015, 04:45 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
"Oscars stage becomes liberal political soapbox for stars

"Washington (CNN)Hollywood stars turned the stage into a soapbox at the Oscars on Sunday night, advocating on issues ranging from NSA surveillance to equal pay; the Voting Rights Act to immigration reform.

Even before the stars hit the main event, the red carpet was tinged with political protest, with actress Reese Witherspoon taking to Instagram to call for entertainment reporters to ask questions with more depth than the usual, "Who are you wearing?" of female stars."


Oscars stage becomes liberal political soapbox for stars - CNN.com
Good post. How about Patricia Arquette and Obama continuing to push the absolute MYTH of a supposed gender wage gap!
  #27  
Old 02-24-2015, 06:19 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Good post. How about Patricia Arquette and Obama continuing to push the absolute MYTH of a supposed gender wage gap!
Good Lord, do you righties really believe The things you say, or are you delusional or fabricators? Google "gender pay gap" and you will get pages and pages of actual RESEARCH backing the gender pay gap. Here is but one of many articles for your edification.
The Simple Truth about the Gender Pay Gap (Spring 2015) : AAUW: Empowering Women Since 1881
  #28  
Old 02-24-2015, 06:31 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Good Lord, do you righties really believe The things you say, or are you delusional or fabricators? Google "gender pay gap" and you will get pages and pages of actual RESEARCH backing the gender pay gap. Here is but one of many articles for your edification.
The Simple Truth about the Gender Pay Gap (Spring 2015) : AAUW: Empowering Women Since 1881
please don't confuse righties with the facts. in the alternate universe, women make more money than men. just ask anyone who works at Wal-Mart.

personal best regards
  #29  
Old 02-24-2015, 06:41 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Good Lord, do you righties really believe The things you say, or are you delusional or fabricators? Google "gender pay gap" and you will get pages and pages of actual RESEARCH backing the gender pay gap. Here is but one of many articles for your edification.
The Simple Truth about the Gender Pay Gap (Spring 2015) : AAUW: Empowering Women Since 1881
Your data comes from a far-left, highly partisan organization. I'll post a few articles whose data is derived from the Bureau of Labor Statistics! You lefties are always such a hoot with your made-up junk!!

Sure looks like "someone" is delusional and fabricating, but me thinks if you'll look in the mirror you'll find the culprit.


Mark J. Perry and Andrew G. Biggs: The '77 Cents on the Dollar' Myth About Women's Pay - WSJ


The Gender Pay Gap is a Complete Myth - CBS News


Why the Gender Pay Gap is a Complete Myth

"Men are far more likely to choose careers that are more dangerous, so they naturally pay more. Top 10 most dangerous jobs (from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics): Fishers, loggers, aircraft pilots, farmers and ranchers, roofers, iron and steel workers, refuse and recyclable material collectors, industrial machinery installation and repair, truck drivers, construction laborers. They're all male-dominated jobs.

Men are far more likely to work in higher-paying fields and occupations (by choice). According to the White House report, "In 2009, only 7 percent of female professionals were employed in the relatively high paying computer and engineering fields, compared with 38 percent of male professionals." Professional women, on the other hand, are far more prevalent "in the relatively low-paying education and health care occupations."

Men are far more likely to take work in uncomfortable, isolated, and undesirable locations that pay more.Men work longer hours than women do. The average fulltime working man works 6 hours per week or 15 percent longer than the average fulltime working woman.

Men are more likely to take jobs that require work on weekends and evenings and therefore pay more.

Even within the same career category, men are more likely to pursue high-stress and higher-paid areas of specialization. For example, within the medical profession, men gravitate to relatively high-stress and high-paying areas of specialization, like surgery, while women are more likely to pursue relatively lower-paid areas of specialization like pediatrician or dentist.

Despite all of the above, unmarried women who've never had a child actually earn more than unmarried men, according to Nemko and data compiled from the Census Bureau.

Women business owners make less than half of what male business owners make, which, since they have no boss, means it's independent of discrimination. The reason for the disparity, according to a Rochester Institute of Technology study, is that money is the primary motivator for 76% of men versus only 29% of women. Women place a higher premium on shorter work weeks, proximity to home, fulfillment, autonomy, and safety, according to Nemko.

It's hard to argue with Nemko's position which, simply put, is this: When women make the same career choices as men, they earn the same amount as men. As far as I'm concerned, this is one myth that has been officially and completely busted. Maybe you should celebrate International Women's Day 2011 by empowering women with the truth instead of treating them like victims ... which they're not."
  #30  
Old 02-24-2015, 06:51 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I'm worried about your mental stability given your rant .... Hope you are able to overcome your issues
y usted, mi amigo!
 

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:49 AM.