Last Night's Oscars

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 02-24-2015, 06:54 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Your data comes from a far-left, highly partisan organization. I'll post a few articles whose data is derived from the Bureau of Labor Statistics! You lefties are always such a hoot with your made-up junk!!

Sure looks like "someone" is delusional and fabricating, but me thinks if you'll look in the mirror you'll find the culprit.


Mark J. Perry and Andrew G. Biggs: The '77 Cents on the Dollar' Myth About Women's Pay - WSJ


The Gender Pay Gap is a Complete Myth - CBS News


Why the Gender Pay Gap is a Complete Myth

"Men are far more likely to choose careers that are more dangerous, so they naturally pay more. Top 10 most dangerous jobs (from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics): Fishers, loggers, aircraft pilots, farmers and ranchers, roofers, iron and steel workers, refuse and recyclable material collectors, industrial machinery installation and repair, truck drivers, construction laborers. They're all male-dominated jobs.

Men are far more likely to work in higher-paying fields and occupations (by choice). According to the White House report, "In 2009, only 7 percent of female professionals were employed in the relatively high paying computer and engineering fields, compared with 38 percent of male professionals." Professional women, on the other hand, are far more prevalent "in the relatively low-paying education and health care occupations."

Men are far more likely to take work in uncomfortable, isolated, and undesirable locations that pay more.Men work longer hours than women do. The average fulltime working man works 6 hours per week or 15 percent longer than the average fulltime working woman.

Men are more likely to take jobs that require work on weekends and evenings and therefore pay more.

Even within the same career category, men are more likely to pursue high-stress and higher-paid areas of specialization. For example, within the medical profession, men gravitate to relatively high-stress and high-paying areas of specialization, like surgery, while women are more likely to pursue relatively lower-paid areas of specialization like pediatrician or dentist.

Despite all of the above, unmarried women who've never had a child actually earn more than unmarried men, according to Nemko and data compiled from the Census Bureau.

Women business owners make less than half of what male business owners make, which, since they have no boss, means it's independent of discrimination. The reason for the disparity, according to a Rochester Institute of Technology study, is that money is the primary motivator for 76% of men versus only 29% of women. Women place a higher premium on shorter work weeks, proximity to home, fulfillment, autonomy, and safety, according to Nemko.

It's hard to argue with Nemko's position which, simply put, is this: When women make the same career choices as men, they earn the same amount as men. As far as I'm concerned, this is one myth that has been officially and completely busted. Maybe you should celebrate International Women's Day 2011 by empowering women with the truth instead of treating them like victims ... which they're not."
Thanks Obama
  #32  
Old 02-24-2015, 06:54 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
please don't confuse righties with the facts. in the alternate universe, women make more money than men. just ask anyone who works at Wal-Mart.

personal best regards

You're not really trying to compare a female cashier's salary at Walmart with the salary of say...a male neurosurgeon, are you?

  #33  
Old 02-24-2015, 07:31 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

"In a way, Penn did us a favor: he exposed Hollywoods faux liberalism for what it truly is. Hollywood has an uneasy relationship with racism, feminism and militarism because it will exploit all of them to keep making money. It is not concerned with diversity or economic justice, except to the extent it can feign interest in any of them to perpetuate its own power."

This year's Oscars unmasked Hollywood's most dubious views | Steven Thrasher | Film | The Guardian
  #34  
Old 02-24-2015, 08:21 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
You're not really trying to compare a female cashier's salary at Walmart with the salary of say...a male neurosurgeon, are you?

that question is right out of the 1950's.
  #35  
Old 02-24-2015, 08:45 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
that question is right out of the 1950's.
Oh sorry. Here's an updated comparison if this makes it easier to understand:

You're not really trying to compare a female kindergarten teacher's salary with that of saya male CEO of an information technology company, are you?

  #36  
Old 02-25-2015, 07:45 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Good Lord, do you righties really believe The things you say, or are you delusional or fabricators? Google "gender pay gap" and you will get pages and pages of actual RESEARCH backing the gender pay gap. Here is but one of many articles for your edification.
The Simple Truth about the Gender Pay Gap (Spring 2015) : AAUW: Empowering Women Since 1881
in my experience in the professional world, I have never known this to be true. Pay was based on experience and education and had nothing to do with one's gender. As a woman, I was paid at the same rate as my male co-workers. However, what I do see happening now in my profession is a LOT of white male discrimination. I have watched in horror as some very honorable white male co-workers have been accused of things that they had never done and then been subsequently fired. I thought when I first saw this happen that it was an isolated incident until I started reading about it happening to others in professional journals in my field of work. Now there is the real disgrace!!
  #37  
Old 02-25-2015, 08:01 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

From last year....

"Once education, marital status and occupations are considered, the 'gender wage gap' all but disappears.
"


As President Obama said in the State of the Union address, women "still make 77 cents for every dollar a man earns," a claim echoed by the National Committee on Pay Equity, the American Association of University Women and other progressive groups.

The 23% gap implies that women work an extra 68 days to earn the same pay as a man. Mr. Obama advocates allowing women to sue for wage discrimination, with employers bearing the burden of proving they did not discriminate. But the numbers bandied about to make the claim of widespread discrimination are fundamentally misleading and economically illogical.

In its annual report, "Highlights of Women's Earnings in 2012," the Bureau of Labor Statistics states that "In 2012, women who were full-time wage and salary workers had median usual weekly earnings of $691. On average in 2012, women made about 81% of the median earnings of male full-time wage and salary workers ($854)." Give or take a few percentage points, the BLS appears to support the president's claim.

But every "full-time" worker, as the BLS notes, is not the same: Men were almost twice as likely as women to work more than 40 hours a week, and women almost twice as likely to work only 35 to 39 hours per week. Once that is taken into consideration, the pay gap begins to shrink. Women who worked a 40-hour week earned 88% of male earnings.

Then there is the issue of marriage and children. The BLS reports that single women who have never married earned 96% of men's earnings in 2012."


[B]"The supposed pay gap appears when marriage and children enter the picture. Child care takes mothers out of the labor market, so when they return they have less work experience than similarly-aged males. Many working mothers seek jobs that provide greater flexibility, such as telecommuting or flexible hours. Not all jobs can be flexible, and all other
things being equal, those which are will pay less than those that do not."[/B

Mark J. Perry and Andrew G. Biggs: The '77 Cents on the Dollar' Myth About Women's Pay - WSJ
  #38  
Old 02-25-2015, 11:03 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
in my experience in the professional world, I have never known this to be true. Pay was based on experience and education and had nothing to do with one's gender. As a woman, I was paid at the same rate as my male co-workers. However, what I do see happening now in my profession is a LOT of white male discrimination. I have watched in horror as some very honorable white male co-workers have been accused of things that they had never done and then been subsequently fired. I thought when I first saw this happen that it was an isolated incident until I started reading about it happening to others in professional journals in my field of work. Now there is the real disgrace!!
In the corporate world I was part of there was zero pay discrimination based on gender buts lots of "discrimination" based on ability

The false pay gap issue however satisfies the well known liberal dementia and need to always feel outraged while having a bogeyman to rail at
  #39  
Old 02-25-2015, 11:23 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Or they quote scientific facts and support issues that most Americans agree with only to be countered with talking points from faux news and other right wing propaganda outlets. Right wingers (not all conservatives BTW) can't open their mouths until Limbaugh, Coulter, and Hannity tell them what to say.
Patricia A.s comment was in reference to the pay inequity based on the Sony hack.

She is correct and I agree it was an abuse i.e. seriously.

The source of the problem is equally obvious liberal, white, Democrat men who run Hollywood. Is anyone truly surprised by their hypocrisy? Im not.

The solution is also obvious fire all the white liberal men running Hollywood, confiscate their money to compensate the actresses, and then hire Clint Eastwood to replace all the jokers fired. Everyone will win and because Clint, unlike Hollywood leftists in general, knows how to make movies that people actually want to see. Thus, all of Hollywood will make more money, the public receives better entertainment, and all will live happily ever after.
  #40  
Old 02-25-2015, 11:53 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Patricia A.s comment was in reference to the pay inequity based on the Sony hack.

She is correct and I agree it was an abuse i.e. seriously.

The source of the problem is equally obvious liberal, white, Democrat men who run Hollywood. Is anyone truly surprised by their hypocrisy? Im not.

The solution is also obvious fire all the white liberal men running Hollywood, confiscate their money to compensate the actresses, and then hire Clint Eastwood to replace all the jokers fired. Everyone will win and because Clint, unlike Hollywood leftists in general, knows how to make movies that people actually want to see. Thus, all of Hollywood will make more money, the public receives better entertainment, and all will live happily ever after.
I doubt that Clint has the time to do the jobs of all the "white liberal men" who run Hollywood. I also think it might be sort of un-American to confiscate legally obtained money and give it to others. Redistribution of wealth, I think it's called. And probably, Hollywood won't make more money, because I believe that the lack of diversity in movie genres, brought about by one man control, would lead to a stagnation of ticket sales as people get tired of watching remakes of Every Which Way but Loose.
  #41  
Old 02-25-2015, 03:35 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I doubt that Clint has the time to do the jobs of all the "white liberal men" who run Hollywood. I also think it might be sort of un-American to confiscate legally obtained money and give it to others. Redistribution of wealth, I think it's called. And probably, Hollywood won't make more money, because I believe that the lack of diversity in movie genres, brought about by one man control, would lead to a stagnation of ticket sales as people get tired of watching remakes of Every Which Way but Loose.
Well at least we can agree on the source of the pay inequality issue in Hollywood ... it's run exclusively by white liberal democrat men with an apparent infinite capacity for hypocrisy

Ironically, once genuine diversity ( ie of thought not skin color) appeared in Hollywood more popular movies would be made wifh higher ticket sales. I think Sniper is now over the $400M mark
  #42  
Old 02-25-2015, 04:19 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I think Sniper is now over the $400M mark
Correction: now $400M + 8! What a spectacular movie! The rightards are right.
 

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 AM.