Colder Than Average

Closed Thread
Old 10-01-2023, 11:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,318 Times in 4,325 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishon View Post
You short sighted people kill me.
The Milky Way is going to collide with Andromeda and you people are cranked up about the weather.
There go my plans for next weekend...

-Tom Petty
Old 10-01-2023, 11:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Even today........The US has 8 % of its new vehicle sales to be E-vehicles. This is DESPITE strong pressure from the oil and gas MEGA-dollar-backed naysayers implanted in the US Federal Government.
1: It's only 6%, not 8%...

2: You also ignore the "strong pressure" from the US Federal and State Governments being applied to the car companies to increase production of EVs, even thought the car companies are LOSING TENS OF THOUSANDS OF $$$ on every one sold...

-Tom Petty
Old 10-01-2023, 12:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
I have forgotten more about HUNTING than most people know. As far as polar bears go, only a FOOL (with a death wish) would try to KILL a polar bear with a bow WITHOUT a guide backup with a RIFLE. Yes, a hunting party of Arctic natives could kill a polar bear with only arrows, but they are exceptional, and would probably have a rifle backup.
.........Let's go over this one MORE time.........Polar bears live mainly on Sea Ice. When they set PAWS on firm ground, the native North Americans and whites also kill them. They MUST live on Sea Ice. Sea Ice has DECREASED by 33% in the last 20 years. Scientists predict that it will RAIN (not snow) for long periods in the Arctic by 2050. So, that is WHY Polar Bears are "threatened" and will be looked at scientifically to potentially be placed on the ENDANGERED species list. This is the ACTUAL SCIENTIFIC present and future status for Polar Bears.
........If some POLITICAL ENTITY IN CANADA wants to hunt them..........I don't care........except to say they are STUPID.............and the world of environmental protectors SHOULD get together and stop that. I think that I will call my friend Greta Thunberg and make that suggestion.
If the sea ice has decreased by 33%, why has the Polar Bear population grown by over 400%?

-Tom Petty
Old 10-01-2023, 12:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Seems warmer today.
You shoulda' bought an EV...

-Tom Petty
Old 10-01-2023, 12:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sounding View Post
Imagine that, even Talk of the Villages has gone woke and blocked the link I provided about hunting. All you have to do is search for "polar bear bow hunting" to find out a little more about reality - versus fake news
Your link works just fine. Sometimes, when you post a link, it shows up with a weird title...

-Tom Petty
Old 10-01-2023, 12:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
So, if you truly believe man is causing global warming, then tell me ... how much has man-made CO2 warmed the earth last year? Please provide peer-reviewed source material - not opinions - but data.
He also completely ignores the increased water vapor in the atmosphere from the underwater volcano eruptions, which cause MORE heat buildup than CO2... Not to mention the other massive volcano eruptions that spew more CO2 into the atmosphere than man does...

-Tom Petty
Old 10-01-2023, 12:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,985 Times in 2,489 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishon View Post
You short sighted people kill me.
The Milky Way is going to collide with Andromeda and you people are cranked up about the weather.
But our sun will be burnt out long before then.
Old 10-01-2023, 12:16 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
I doubt that about the international community. Maybe the international community of greedy native North Americans.
I little due diligence on your part will show it was the circumpolar "international" community that produced a joined agreement agreement - but the media refuses to tell you. Just like the media refuses to tell you how much "man-made" CO2 warmed the earth last year -- because they can't find it.
Old 10-01-2023, 12:26 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
If the sea ice has decreased by 33%, why has the Polar Bear population grown by over 400%?
Polar bears don't need ice to survive - they need seals - or humans. There is more than enough ice for them. Ice was much lower years ago and the bears did just fine. Ice is now growing - because we are in a 9-year cooling trend - see image. Remember - if it's about the climate and it's by the main stream media - it's fake news.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	100400  
Old 10-01-2023, 12:31 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
You shoulda' bought an EV...
Notice to EV owners ... it's getting harder to get car insurance ... John Lewis stops insuring electric cars over repair cost fears | NOT A LOT OF PEOPLE KNOW THAT
Old 10-01-2023, 03:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,536 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugchief View Post
Apparently, Gore isn't the only hypocrite here....
The important thing is NOT what vehicle the world's population drives now (20% of new sales are E-Vehicles) - the important thing is what people will be driving 5 years from now. Some facts : : 80% of NEW power plants being built are RENEWABLE. According to the Head of The International Energy Agency - F. Birol ( @fbirol) by 2030 (6 years away) worldwide fossil fuel use will begin a downward trend. Nuclear electrical generators are coming back due to both need and SAFETY.
Old 10-01-2023, 03:33 PM
Sage

Global Warming IS NOT enjoyable. It will cause RECORD Hot temperatures this year and for about 8 more years until people wake up. It is causing many plants and animals to become extinct. Swedish Scientists are storing seeds of endangered plants at near zero degrees C in hidden vaults. Reef corals are 90% dead due to HEAT and high ocean CO2. Many of the Earth's animals and birds are becoming extinct because they can't adapt to the increasing HEAT.
.........The head of the International Energy Agency said that fossil fuels (oil, gas, and coal) will be gone in 20 to 25 years. Fossil Fuels will BEGIN to become less and less starting in 2030. (see @fbirol)
Old 10-01-2023, 03:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Polar bears don't need ice to survive - they need seals - or humans. There is more than enough ice for them. Ice was much lower years ago and the bears did just fine. Ice is now growing - because we are in a 9-year cooling trend - see image. Remember - if it's about the climate and it's by the main stream media - it's fake news.
So many graphs, so little understanding!
Old 10-01-2023, 04:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
I little due diligence on your part will show it was the circumpolar "international" community that produced a joined agreement agreement - but the media refuses to tell you. Just like the media refuses to tell you how much "man-made" CO2 warmed the earth last year -- because they can't find it.
The Inuit Circumpolar Council (ICC) was founded in 1977. With the impact of Global Warming, Inuit have recorded RAIN lasting into the early winter season, something their warm clothing is NOT adapted to. Climate Change is impacting the Inuit way of life. As such, many Inuit Elders and hunters are concerned by accelerated changes to the land, water, weather system, and WILDLIFE. They are exploring things outside of the range observed in oral Histories............(All from the Google machine)
Old 10-01-2023, 04:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,763 Times in 1,539 Posts

Quote:
You are allowed to believe the media -- I prefer to believe the data -- which says you too can hunt polar bears for about $50,000 per harvest. Would you like to split the cost for a hunt? Guns or bows are allowed ... Canadian Arctic Polar Bear Hunt - Ameri-Cana Expeditions
Tazers. I wouldn't want to actually kill the bear, but I would like a chance to get away.
Closed Thread

Tags
colder, cooling, ice, age, year

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.