The Schwarzschild Equation

Closed Thread
Old 12-24-2023, 03:26 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,629 Times in 955 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Now we have degenerated the conversation back to name calling. I would bet that a survey made across the US would come up with 50 to 70% of the people saying that CNN is a legitimate News Network. Personally, I can NOT respect anyone that can NOT say that CNN is a respected News Network. If most people say that CNN is NOT legitimate, that would tell me, that the American experience is OVER. And I need to move to Australia.
Isn’t Australia an island, if the oceans are rising, won’t it be under water in a few years? I think you previously said Florida will be underwater.
Old 12-24-2023, 03:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,350 Times in 2,071 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
Isn’t Australia an island, if the oceans are rising, won’t it be under water in a few years? I think you previously said Florida will be underwater.
List of drainage basins of Australia - Wikipedia

It would be islands but not for a long time.

Climate change in Australia - Wikipedia
Old 12-24-2023, 04:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,536 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Maybe I should look into Sweden instead of Australia. I just hope that i can get CNN there for reliable media reporting!
Old 12-24-2023, 05:12 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,098 Times in 377 Posts

Quote:
There is a very SIMPLE logic to prove that recent Global Warming is man-made. The earth now has 8 billion people in it and it is only fairly recently (like 30 years) that the earth has made it to that many people. The US population when most of us were born was about 100,000,000 people - now it is over 3 times as much. And India and other 3rd world countries have increased more than the US. These population increases have increased the need for more electricity power plants, more automobiles, more food, and basically MORE everything. Which means more CO2 pollution.
........The TV show with Jake Tapper pointed out that countries in America and Europe could be crushed and become dis-functional as millions may end up moving Northward - that is unprecedented. Another problem for India is that it is fairly flat and the ocean could take over some parts.
I am merely the messenger. It is NOT a good idea to "shoot the messenger". It is generally better to argue against the MESSAGE. We all seem to be in general agreement that 2023 was the HOTTEST in recorded history........so I can conclude that my work is done here.

IF Only, but somehow I doubt it. That was my thought many of your posts ago. Obviously, I was right

As we all know there is recorded history in rocks, ice cores etc? Shows data allowing experts to date the earth back 4,500,000,000 years. Shows data of multiple ice ages over the years. Shows records of water levels much higher than current levels in between ice ages. Shows long periods of temperature much higher than current period. Many periods of global cooling and global warming. Even before humans. That is reality.

The causes of those changes were exclusive of human influence. Additionally, we have been in a period of global warming for 1000's of years.

Can humans affect the greenhouse gases? Yes. Just by breathing (inhale air at 21% oxygen. 04% CO2)(exhale air 16.4% oxygen, 4.4% CO2) Double the population, double the CO2. But then the plants absorb CO2 and emit Oxygen. But life goes on, the sun rises, people war, people procreate, society advances.

People have migrated since they began to exist. Weather had impacts but is not the sole cause.

Rather than dispute cause and impact on TOTV, why not offer solutions that you have implemented that contribute to a reduction to the problem. The answer is not go electric on everything. Production of electricity is a high consumer of carbon-based fuels.

Have you gone solar for your power needs? Have you reduced your carbon footprint in travel such as Trains instead of planes? Solar, water, wind Electric verse carbon fuels? Have you cut back on home AC and Heat requirements? Have you eliminated pleasure trips for sightseeing or family visits. Are you recycling your garbage and trash in some way other than what The Villages offers? Are you cutting back on your use of hot water from electric or gas fuels.
Old 12-24-2023, 05:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,005 Times in 4,169 Posts

Quote:
Maybe I should look into Sweden instead of Australia. I just hope that i can get CNN there for reliable media reporting!
Half right again. You can get CNN, but it is far from reliable media reporting.
Old 12-24-2023, 05:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,536 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdjed View Post
I am merely the messenger. It is NOT a good idea to "shoot the messenger". It is generally better to argue against the MESSAGE. We all seem to be in general agreement that 2023 was the HOTTEST in recorded history........so I can conclude that my work is done here.

IF Only, but somehow I doubt it. That was my thought many of your posts ago. Obviously, I was right

As we all know there is recorded history in rocks, ice cores etc? Shows data allowing experts to date the earth back 4,500,000,000 years. Shows data of multiple ice ages over the years. Shows records of water levels much higher than current levels in between ice ages. Shows long periods of temperature much higher than current period. Many periods of global cooling and global warming. Even before humans. That is reality.

The causes of those changes were exclusive of human influence. Additionally, we have been in a period of global warming for 1000's of years.

Can humans affect the greenhouse gases? Yes. Just by breathing (inhale air at 21% oxygen. 04% CO2)(exhale air 16.4% oxygen, 4.4% CO2) Double the population, double the CO2. But then the plants absorb CO2 and emit Oxygen. But life goes on, the sun rises, people war, people procreate, society advances.

People have migrated since they began to exist. Weather had impacts but is not the sole cause.

Rather than dispute cause and impact on TOTV, why not offer solutions that you have implemented that contribute to a reduction to the problem. The answer is not go electric on everything. Production of electricity is a high consumer of carbon-based fuels.

Have you gone solar for your power needs? Have you reduced your carbon footprint in travel such as Trains instead of planes? Solar, water, wind Electric verse carbon fuels? Have you cut back on home AC and Heat requirements? Have you eliminated pleasure trips for sightseeing or family visits. Are you recycling your garbage and trash in some way other than what The Villages offers? Are you cutting back on your use of hot water from electric or gas fuels.
I guess that I should be happy with some limited attempt to debate the actual issues (with just a slight dash of snark). That is an improvement over some. I guess that I can MOSTLY agree with the statement, "double the population, double the CO2". I will agree if the population is total worldwide and averages in BOTH 1st world and 3rd world populations because the 1st world produces much more CO2 pollution. That is why US and China populations are so important and why illegal immigration into the US is a SERIOUSLY bad issue.
......Yes, people have always migrated, but the migration that I am talking about is RECENT (10 years) migration caused by MAN-MADE CLIMATE-HEAT ruining their crops and forcing them Northward. Obviously, they are NOT migrating southward toward the Equator.
Old 12-24-2023, 06:10 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
I guess that I should be happy with some limited attempt to debate the actual issues (with just a slight dash of snark). That is an improvement over some. I guess that I can MOSTLY agree with the statement, "double the population, double the CO2". I will agree if the population is total worldwide and averages in BOTH 1st world and 3rd world populations because the 1st world produces much more CO2 pollution. That is why US and China populations are so important and why illegal immigration into the US is a SERIOUSLY bad issue.
......Yes, people have always migrated, but the migration that I am talking about is RECENT (10 years) migration caused by MAN-MADE CLIMATE-HEAT ruining their crops and forcing them Northward. Obviously, they are NOT migrating southward toward the Equator.
If it's man-made global warming, then tell me ... how much did "man-made" CO2 warm the earth last year?
Old 12-24-2023, 06:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,978 Times in 2,483 Posts

Quote:
Mine is from the U of MN (Class of 1989). Which is a very long time ago. And most of those courses were about business law like the Uniform Commercial Code | Uniform Commercial Code | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute.

But, you still have idea how law works.
Old 12-24-2023, 06:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,978 Times in 2,483 Posts

Quote:
Now we have degenerated the conversation back to name calling. I would bet that a survey made across the US would come up with 50 to 70% of the people saying that CNN is a legitimate News Network. Personally, I can NOT respect anyone that can NOT say that CNN is a respected News Network. If most people say that CNN is NOT legitimate, that would tell me, that the American experience is OVER. And I need to move to Australia.

Why did CNN Have to apologize for presidential debate questions release before the debate? Wast that legitimate and respectful news network to try to influence presidential election? How quickly we forget.
Old 12-24-2023, 06:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,798 Times in 1,549 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
You mean all the OTHER people and their stuff and alllll the crazy things they do...

YOU, otoh, don't have any "stuff" and YOU are the one who acts completely rationally...
No. I meant what I wrote. And I do act rationally given the world I live in. And I assume you believe you act rationally, also.
Old 12-24-2023, 06:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,310 Times in 4,320 Posts

Quote:
Tell that to Nick Sandman...

-Tom Petty
Old 12-24-2023, 06:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
You think CNN (The Communist News Network) is a legitimate news source???? Hmmmmm......
You can be more creative than that.
Old 12-24-2023, 06:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Bon Voyage!!!!!

But I really hope you are wrong about the climate. Santa and his elves will be real unhappy if the North Pole turns into a rain forest
The Villages Florida

-Tom Petty
Old 12-24-2023, 06:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
I do not think you would have been in a safe Jurassic Park with some gassy brontosauri.
I could say the same about them, being safe from me... Or so claims my wife...

-Tom Petty
Old 12-24-2023, 06:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sounding View Post
if it's man-made global warming, then tell me ... How much did "man-made" co2 warm the earth last year?
talk about johnny one note!
Closed Thread

Tags
equation, co2, saturation, aspect, find

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.