Bonifay CC and flies

Closed Thread
Old 07-23-2012, 08:53 AM

Even had them at Palmer Friday ,Maybe we should put a tent over all of T.V. and bomb the place.Fla.Has bugs always has and will.If anyone can up with a safe way to get rid of them you will be a rich person.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:03 AM
Platinum member

Plenty of flies in rural Virginia too. Especially when the wind is off the pasture.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:54 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Went to breakfast buffet yesterday morning; sat outside and no flies ...
Old 07-23-2012, 12:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by memason View Post
Maybe morning is the time to go there. The owner did tell me his employees spray outside in the morning for flies.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:32 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billlaur View Post
It will just be a matter of time when they decide to enclose the outside bar area..
None of the Country Club patios are enclosed. They all have flies. That's what happens when nature says it's fly season.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:39 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billlaur View Post
It will just be a matter of time when they decide to enclose the outside bar area..
We stopped for a cocktail at the outside bar and chatted with the bartender who had in his hands and electric fly swatter. We only stayed for one drink as the flies won another battle. The bartender mentioned that the management had gone to the powers requesting permission to screen in the outside area and the plan was rejected twice. As I'm keeping count it looks like the flies won another battle there too.
Skip 2

Last edited by Skip2MySue; 07-23-2012 at 08:24 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-23-2012, 12:43 PM
Gold member

Quote:
We were there too but later in the morning around 10:30 and as we waited for a table inside we watched the people eating outside in the covered area swatting away the flies. Either that or they were just waving to people at other tables, you know what a friendly place this is
Skip 2
Old 07-23-2012, 06:11 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Wow! First time I heard "no flies" at Bonifay. We tried twice and won't go back. This situation will kill this restaurant and the developer doesn't seem to want to help.

Skip1
Old 07-23-2012, 06:47 PM
Sage

Is there any possibility the landfill, that nobody wants to talk about, has something to do with this?
Old 07-23-2012, 07:19 PM
Sage
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
Is there any possibility the landfill, that nobody wants to talk about, has something to do with this?
That's what I've been thinking. Just wondering if the odor that was emanating from this area a while ago has anything to do with the flies? That still doesn't explain the developer's refusal to allow the outside patio to be screened.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
Last evening, a group of us (8) went to Bonifay CC for dinner. We sat on the patio because there was not a table large enough inside that was available. We should have waited for an inside table.

I saw lots of flies on the side of the building as soon as we walked outside. We sat down at the table and there were flies buzzing around and on the table all during the meal.

The food was mediocre to fair. I had a "Chipolte-Lime Fish Wrap" that was supposed to be spicy. Very bland and in need of salt, pepper, and hot sauce. The waiter forgot my request for hot sauce.

The drink of the day were alcoholic iced teas for $2. Those are pretty good but not a real bargain even for $2. Very little drink in a glass crammed full of ice.

If the food was mediocre to fair, I agree, what makes you feel it would be better if you ate it inside where there are fewer flies.
Back to the flies, I would think the management would spray an outdoor fogger a few times a day to get rid of the flies. It is so disgusting to have flies buzzing around you and the food while eating.

Would I return? Only for inside seating. The restaurant is very visual appealing and the service was good. Food was okay and it is always great to socialize with Village friends.
If the food was mediocre to fair outside, wouldn't you expect it would be the same inside?
Old 07-24-2012, 03:00 AM
Veteran member
Default SHHH.....this is on the down low....

.....I am NOT the brightest knife in the drawer.......BUT...

If you can keep a secret...Read Below.

Hang baggies around the area...filled with plain water.Number of units correlates to intensity of problem.....
..we use ...1 with plain water...
................1 with pieces of tin foil added.
................1 with a penny in the bag
Have NO idea why it works....but it has worked for many years....no flies or hornets.

Last edited by mrfixit; 07-24-2012 at 01:58 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:10 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
. if you are referring to the landfill EAST of the Fire station at Morse and Pinellas...
That one accepts only construction debris......no rubbish.

That is what made the the BIG side hill behind the Fire station.

I wonder if that slope will become a future golf course?
Old 07-24-2012, 07:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by theapeman1 View Post
If the food was mediocre to fair outside, wouldn't you expect it would be the same inside?
As I said, the food was only mediocre to fair but was okay. Yes, it would be the same food inside the restaurant - but no flies!

The inside decor of Bonifay CC is very nice and "beachy". I would eat "just okay" food gladly in a nice looking restaurant just to be out and socialize with good friends. The food being "just okay" does not take away from the pleasure of being around good friends as long as everyone is having a good time.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:17 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
As I said, the food was only mediocre to fair but was okay. Yes, it would be the same food inside the restaurant - but no flies!

The inside decor of Bonifay CC is very nice and "beachy". I would eat "just okay" food gladly in a nice looking restaurant just to be out and socialize with good friends. The food being "just okay" does not take away from the pleasure of being around good friends as long as everyone is having a good time.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.