Bonifay CC and flies

Closed Thread
Old 07-24-2012, 11:30 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
As I said, the food was only mediocre to fair but was okay. Yes, it would be the same food inside the restaurant - but no flies!

The inside decor of Bonifay CC is very nice and "beachy". I would eat "just okay" food gladly in a nice looking restaurant just to be out and socialize with good friends. The food being "just okay" does not take away from the pleasure of being around good friends as long as everyone is having a good time.
I have been to Bonifay many, many times with friends, both inside and out. Earlier in the year the mosquitos chased us inside, but we were fine. The food is mediocre most of the time, but the atmosphere is fabulous. I did find one thing on the menu that I could order and be happy with so I just order that every time we go!
Old 07-24-2012, 12:15 PM
Veteran member
Location: Clinton, CT Sarasota, FL, The Villages - July 10, 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Why not begin by discussing with management????

Posting on TOTV will not make the flies go away.
In general:

Good management would have / should have corrected the issue by now - without customers having to say anything to Management.

Bad management often won't take action or listen to customer concerns.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:20 AM

Not sure what the fuss is, Bonifay seemed above average to us! Price was right, and we loved the food... Yes, we ate outside both times during our TV site visit (we bought lot south of 466a and west of Buena Vista)... and yes, we saw some flies but they did not spoil the experience or views of the beautiful golf course from our front row seats!
We'll be back in TV soon, and back to Bonifay for breakfast!
Old 08-12-2012, 08:39 AM

maybe ur a magnant
Old 08-12-2012, 09:29 AM

Ask to be seated under a fan if you eat outside. Have you ever noticed the breeze from the fan keeps the flies away. It is the tables without a fan that have the problem.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:38 PM

We sat outside a month or so ago--yes there were lots of flies. We mentioned it to the bartender and she assured us, they are trying EVERYTHING they can to get rid of the flies--from professional to home remedies such as flypaper and bowls of vinegar--and are open to any suggestions that may work. Net is, I'm sure management is well aware and trying to make the situation better! BTW, we have eaten inside several times and had great food (FL palm salad, burger, cheese-steak, etc) and service at Bonifay!
Old 08-12-2012, 03:44 PM

We love the Breakfast Buffet -very enjoyable eating outside and the view is beautiful. Great service as well.

Gary & Marlene
Old 08-15-2012, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finallyfree View Post
Ask to be seated under a fan if you eat outside. Have you ever noticed the breeze from the fan keeps the flies away. It is the tables without a fan that have the problem.
But, it cools your food pretty fast!
Don
Old 08-15-2012, 05:23 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Joaniesmom
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
Gracie, I hate to admit it, but I killed one of those barking frogs the other day (I call them dog frogs). It was hiding under my window and barking non-stop for 2 nights. I just couldn't take it anymore!
I totally empathize with your problem but wonder if it would be possible to put the offending critter in some kind of sling and throw it into next Thursday. Something like a soft slingshot? Just a thought. It might be fun?

Joanie's mom
Pennsylvania, Ohio, The Villages
So happy to be here!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.