Gandolfo's Deli opening up in Southern Trace Shopping Center.

Closed Thread
Old 09-17-2010, 08:17 AM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac9 View Post
We went today for lunch and loved the sandwiches. HOWEVER, when we arrived home and looked at the receipt, we were astonished to find out that we were charged for "extra" salt and pepper and olive oil to the tune of 10 cents each! Doesn't sound like much, but nickeling and diming like this will surely put people off. And, yes, I did call them and was told that this is their policy. Looks like we'll be going back to Jersey Mike's!
I hope you at least asked for the extra salt and olive oil???
Old 09-17-2010, 09:02 AM
Platinum member
Default We don't ned salt in our diet.

Tell them to take it OFF. If they refuse, walk out!

Skip
Old 09-17-2010, 09:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,924 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Tell them to take it OFF. If they refuse, walk out!

Skip
Extra salt? Like in those little packages? Olive oil? Like in catsup and mayonaisse packages?? Did you ask for them? Did they just charge you?

I will go get PTurner and we will go beat them up.

(Just as soon as we are both in TV.)
Old 09-17-2010, 10:37 AM
Veteran member

I am just curious, does anyone know if it is posted that they charge for these items that dont even cost them a penny? Is it on the menu, or as you walk in? I am just curious, since after hearing about this I have no desire to visit there establishment.

I would be embarassed if I were them, it just blows me away at how ridiculous it is, not to mention all the competition they are up against in TV.
Can you tell I am still perturbed by this lol??

Jeanne
Old 09-17-2010, 11:05 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Extra salt? Like in those little packages? Olive oil? Like in catsup and mayonaisse packages?? Did you ask for them? Did they just charge you?

I will go get PTurner and we will go beat them up.

(Just as soon as we are both in TV.)

Be sure to give them back the unused half of a sandwich after the beating.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 09-17-2010, 11:19 AM
Default Owner

I own the store in the villages that you guys are referencing. I appreciate the feedback, both good and bad. I assure you that this charge was done incorrectly. We are in the process of training many new people and this was a big mistake. I would like to personally say sorry for this. This will be corrected immediately. Please bear with us as we get ourselves acclimated. You are exactly right, that charge is ridiculous and I would have been irritated too. Going to get it corrected immediately.

Stephen
Old 09-17-2010, 11:27 AM
Taltarzac
Default I am looking forward to trying Gandolfo's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpd13131 View Post
I own the store in the villages that you guys are referencing. I appreciate the feedback, both good and bad. I assure you that this charge was done incorrectly. We are in the process of training many new people and this was a big mistake. I would like to personally say sorry for this. This will be corrected immediately. Please bear with us as we get ourselves acclimated. You are exactly right, that charge is ridiculous and I would have been irritated too. Going to get it corrected immediately.

Stephen
Good that you are on top of this. I hope to try your deli soon.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:46 PM
Sage

Oh well, GG, I guess when we both get back down, we'll have to go to Gandolfo's for a sandwich instead of beating them up. (I like these mad faces too.)

We'll need to take JeannieBeanie too, to calm her down.

As for the other posters on this thread... hey, we'll invite you too! Voila! Another party.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:00 PM
Sage

Wow. Now I know who to call when I have a dispute with an establishment. I'll just threaten them with PTurner and Gracie coming to lay a whuppin' on 'em and they'll be sure to back down quick!
Old 09-17-2010, 07:12 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

stephen (rpd) -- Is it Gandolfo's policy to charge for extras like pickles, cucumbers, etc.? If so, you may have a problem in TV. I can't think of one deli/sandwich place that charges extra for the veggies or sauces (the meat, yes, but not the veggies or sauces or spreads).

I do understand corporate policies, but I also under market place demand. I have to admit, TVers in general are pretty spoiled -- we know what we want and how we want it. We'll pay a fair price but don't react well to any feeling of being cheated or overcharged. I might come once but if I ask for a little extra cream cheese on my bagel (I wouldn't -- I'd be more likely to ask for less) and I find out it will cost me extra, I won't be back. I think you'll find this attitude pretty true for most TV residents.

But I'll be by tomorrow morning to check you out -- I'm praying for a GOOD bagel.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 09-18-2010, 09:01 AM

It's not our policy to charge for extras on the sandwiches. We will be providing free pickles with the sandwiches starting next week. Corporate would like us to have an "up-charge" for a large deli pickle on the side, but we made the decision yesterday to start providing those at no charge starting next week. Unfortunately we won't be open for breakfast until next monday. I would like to also extend a thank you to this website for allowing us the opportunity to speak with our current/future customers. We can't wait until our add comes out on the site. Stephen
Old 09-18-2010, 09:10 AM
Sage

Good luck, Stephen....it's an interesting menu. I look forward to trying out a sandwich/sub. Thanks for coming on this site to explain/answer questions.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:41 AM
Veteran member
Location: Clinton, CT Sarasota, FL, The Villages - July 10, 2009
Default At the risk of repeating myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpd13131 View Post

Stephen
Stephen,

Thanks for your input...

I've said it here before, It's not having a problem in the restaurant business that' the issue...problems are a fact of everyday life in that business...
It's what ownership / management does about it to make it right for the customer.

Ignoring it NEVER works!

Good job addressing it. See you there in November...get the Crusty Italian bread ready!!!
Old 09-18-2010, 11:36 AM
Smile

My wife and I ate at the deli on Thursday. We got there at lunch time. The place was crowded but the staff was doing a good job of trying to move things along pretty quickly.

I wanted to order the chicken salad sandwich but I was told they didn't have any chicken salad so I ordered a roast beef hero with marinated mushrooms. Sandwich was delicious.

My wife ordered one of the specialty sandwiches. She was told by the staff that she could substitute another meat for one of the meats in the sandwich. Unfortunately, even though it was on the receipt, whoever made the sandwich didn't make the substitution so my wife didn't enjoy her sandwich. By the time we discovered the error, my wife had already eaten part of the sandwich and we had another appointment to go anyway so we were crunched for time.

I thought the service was fast despite the crowded restaurant. If you go there you might want to try to avoid the busy lunchtime at least until things calm down a bit. My wife and I will definitely give it another try. Glad to hear they are adding pickles because my wife and I were discussing how we would like to have a pickle with our sandwich.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:57 PM
Sage

You could really upgrade if you got rid of nathans, and put in FENWAY FRANKS. GO SOX!!!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.