ROCK MUSIC

Closed Thread
Old 10-30-2007, 11:26 AM
Default Re: ROCK MUSIC

I love WVLG!!!!!!!!! Please no NEW modern music. Most of it insults my hearing. For sure no rap. >
Old 10-30-2007, 09:56 PM
Veteran member

I think the station is great. Are we that old???
Old 11-07-2007, 06:10 PM

Apparently!
Old 11-07-2007, 08:35 PM
Sage

I'm for anything but most RAP! I think as the new guard move in (people in their early 50's) the music will have to change. Not sure if you'll ever hear Nirvana and the like but at least mix in some current soft rock. A little smooth jazz or old time jazz wouldn't hurt either.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:15 PM

How 'bout some Stones, Rod Stewart, Gradfull Dead, CCR, Tina Turner...

Husband likes country - new artists...
Old 11-08-2007, 04:07 AM
Veteran member

...and Savoy Brown and Santana!
Old 11-08-2007, 04:40 AM

Growing up in NYC I spent almost every weekend at the Fillmore East. I don't think there was anyone worth seeing that did not perform there. Imagine this show, Allman Brothers, Grateful Dead and Janis Joplin headlining, all for the low price of a blacony seat for $3.50. Ahhh, those were the days.

Minnie
Old 11-13-2007, 09:18 AM

Someone say the Stones? Fred and Barny are friends of mine.

The best fix for RAP. . . WalMart 25 Best Irish Songs for $2 it will clear a 7-11 parking lot on low

How about Funkenstein's UFO landing on the Square. Line dance to that

Play some Hendrix get down tonight
Old 11-23-2007, 11:35 PM
Location: Village of Marsh Bend, The Villages, FL; Oakland, CA; Boston, MA.

Most music of the '60s, '70s & '80s some of the '90s to current. This includes Rock - Crosby, Stills & Nash, Frampton, Led Zeppelin etc., DISCO - Barry White, Chic, Abba etc., Dance music - Madonna, Lisa, Lisa and the Cult Jam, Tavares, Electronica, Trance & House Music, R & B, Jazz, Classical and yes I like Country, New Wave, Punk Rock, New Age, Big Band, Doo Wop, Soul, Reggae and some Hip Hop, not the violent talking, woman hating :: , profane :edit: ugly stuff :yikes: but the stuff with a cool beat as well.
I'd guess you'd say that I have eclectic taste in music LOL.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:46 PM
Soaring Eagle member

minnie, almost every weekend at the fillmore with that kind of entertainment, WOW, i'm jealous.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:45 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Jazz and classical music can put me into a state of nirvanha. Rock -- oldies, psychedelia, some heavy metal, modern -- usually means I can't sit still and body parts have to bop. It makes me happy to hear it. Let me hear the right sound on the radio and I HAVE to blast it out (my poor neighbors here). And, yes, to me the right sound can be good rap and hip-hop. Today's artists are some of the most talented wordsmiths and poets I've ever heard. They put Dylan and Baez to shame with their messages. I may not always like the message I'm hearing but the words are impressive.

I was fortunate and grew up in several musical eras. My brother was 7 years older and insisted I listen to HIS music (the Mickey Mouse Club was a communist plot to take over the minds of American children -- it was on opposite American Bandstand). So, the 50s rock was very much a part of my culture. I was one of the lucky ones who was there (albeit accidently) at the beginning of the hippie movement -- the Monterey Pop Festival which featured Janis, Jim, the Who, Alvin & the Chipmunks, the guy who did Purple People Eater .... it was an eclectic day to put it mildly. If Janis or Jimi were playing somewhere in NoCal, I was there. So, I do love the psychedelic sounds. I basically helped raise the neighborhood kids before my daughter came into my life. They kept me up to date on heavy metal, hip-hop, etc. I discovered the fun in those genres, too.

My father insisted that jazz and country be played in the house. Nothing like some Trane and then Patsy Cline to confuse a child. rofl

Given a choice, I would love to hear more blues in the Squares. Give me a man who can play a good axe and I'm in hog heaven.

Only music that truly hurts my ears and psyche is disco and techno pop. Both are the same sound over and over and over. Oh, did I mention that they are repetive?

So, yes, it would be nice to hear different sounds. However, I'm content with most of what I hear (as long as it isn't SLOWWWWWW). I can always play what I like at home and in my car.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 11-24-2007, 12:59 AM
Soaring Eagle member

red, it's that Yenko spirit
Old 11-25-2007, 03:00 AM

Big Band music, music of the 30's and 40's would be so nice to dance to in the squares.

Old 11-25-2007, 06:07 AM
Sage

I'll second that!
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 11-26-2007, 11:20 PM
Soaring Eagle member

WOLFMAN JACK, BEACH BOYS , PLATTERS......THAT WAS ALL AFTER THE MUSIC DIED AND IT'LL LIVE FOREVER....

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.