8 PM Curfew

Closed Thread
Old 11-20-2009, 02:23 PM
Veteran member

Good news! I spoke just a few minutes ago with Melissa, one of the Havana managers, who said that the Sumter police met with them this morning and told them that they may have outdoor entertainment until 10 PM as long as the sound meets the ordinance decibel limitations! She said that their outdoor evening entertainment is Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:30 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Amen

The End I hope
Old 11-20-2009, 04:33 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip0358 View Post
The End I hope
AMEN!
Old 11-20-2009, 04:54 PM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip0358 View Post
:moje_whot::moje_whot:the end i hope
shhhhhhhh!
Old 11-20-2009, 05:00 PM
Veteran member
Send a message via Yahoo to MelZ

Excellent

Old 11-20-2009, 05:57 PM
Dancing Thyme

Wow, that's fantastic, Freeda!! Quick work done by our Sheriff's Dept!!!

Yesterday, I spent about an hour with the assistant to the sheriff and discussed how serious and upset many villagers were with this limitation being put on us by their department. We agreed that a meeting of the minds would be appropriate to include the GM of Havana to come up with a resolution that would work for everyone. She was extremely nice and knowledgeable and I knew that she would follow through with Lt. Nehemiah Wolfe for us. Her name is Theresa Elliott and she was a fantastic representative of the Sheriff's office. She knew of TOTV and told me that she has been on this forum many times to view certain topics......

I'd like to say that this resolution was due to the power and influence of TOTV and its many smart members who offered their points of view.

Good Job, let's partyyyyyyy!! But quietly, of course!!

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 11-20-2009, 09:59 PM
Default Curfew?

As most of you know, the Sumter County Sheiff is indeed an elected official. Isn't it interesting that the Sheriff and his staff, would spend the time and staffing to continue this vendetta against only a few restaurants and clubs in TV? Of course, many of us will choose to select our CC and/or restaurants/bars with live music in Marion or Lake county to avoid the schoolyard curfew imposed in Sumter co. Is that the goal? Sumter co. coffers are in great shape, and obviously have chosen to spend resources to patrol and coerce business owners into compliance into an invisible co. code. Unfortunately, if we all just drive north to Spanish Springs, etc., those of us who live and work in Sumter co., have, in reality, given the Sheriff's dept, our vote of approval. We need all the restaurants and bars who offer live entertainment at LSL. We need for them to be busy and allow the owners and staff to reap the financial rewards that they deserve. Are you kidding me? In this economy, we are allowing FLE to be the watchdog of our free enterprise system? Success? "outdoor entertainment until 10 PM "?! ...maybe for Middle School children.

NE IN, Indy, Tampa ~ Heavenly Hadley '08

Last edited by j22jay; 11-20-2009 at 10:05 PM.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post

Yesterday, I spent about an hour with the assistant to the sheriff and discussed how serious and upset many villagers were with this limitation being put on us by their department. We agreed that a meeting of the minds would be appropriate to include the GM of Havana to come up with a resolution that would work for everyone. She was extremely nice and knowledgeable and I knew that she would follow through with Lt. Nehemiah Wolfe for us. Her name is Theresa Elliott and she was a fantastic representative of the Sheriff's office. She knew of TOTV and told me that she has been on this forum many times to view certain topics......

I'd like to say that this resolution was due to the power and influence of TOTV and its many smart members who offered their points of view.

Well, I have been watching all week, ...glad to see a happy ending to the drama.

On another note, we leave for the airport in 1/2 hour and should be arriving just prior to the Glen Beck madness in the square, may try to get a glimpse of the fun. Hope to see some of you this week for a proper introduction! :-D
Old 11-21-2009, 07:13 AM
Veteran member

GREAT NEWS!! LET THE FUN BEGIN!!!

Thank you Kathie and Freeda and TOTV'ers for voicing your opinions!
Good job by all!!

JeanneBeannie
Old 11-21-2009, 08:43 AM
Sage

So happy to hear that a reasonable compromise was reached!

I think in most, if not all situations a solution can be worked out without all the nastiness.

Carm, I am anxious to meet a fellow Chicagoan. Let us know when your ready
to party!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 11-21-2009, 01:13 PM
Taltarzac
Default Good tidings KathieI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post

I was wondering how the Sumter County Law Enforcement were going to re-act to your meeting with them. Cannot see how you can have a relatively noisy sports arena (the Villages High School stadiums) in a retirement community which often has night time events while also trying to impose a 8 p.m. outdoor entertainment on country clubs.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:15 PM
Default curfew "Who" update!

Good job freeda !!! As mentioned earlier I did get the 'Who" to come to town day after super bowl .. they promise to play 'unplugged acoustic' after 10pm!
Old 11-21-2009, 05:30 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripwho View Post
Good job freeda !!! As mentioned earlier I did get the 'Who" to come to town day after super bowl .. they promise to play 'unplugged acoustic' after 10pm!
Well, will you ask them to be sure to do Pinball Wizard before 10 PM
Old 11-22-2009, 12:23 AM
Default Lets see.. the last time I had any curfew

The last time I can remember having a curfew, I was about 16-17. That was because I still lived in my parents home and lived by their rules. Never heard of a curfew after I hit 18 much less in my sixties. Figures it would be here. Gotta rule/law for every little thing.

Jerry Jackson (Summerhill)

Neat bumper sticker. Went like this: "It's God's job to judge terrorists. Our job is to arrange the meeting!"

Be a gentleman, remove your hat/cap when entering a building and dining out!
Old 11-22-2009, 07:49 AM
Veteran member

Why dont TOTV get a march on city hall going and demand a change maybe a sit in. Remember the 60's
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.