Coming down next week to look at houses

Closed Thread
Old 06-05-2020, 01:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,155 Times in 5,382 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisbon View Post
If your real estate agent is with The Villages they can not show property listed by REALTORS® which averages around 400 preowned. REALTORS® can not show properties with The Villages. There also many for sale by owners which a REALTOR® can help you with and Village agents might not. If you are currently working with a REALTOR you are in good hands but also need to have a Villages agent to see everything. If I can help let me know!
Unfortunately the two groups of realtors do not play nicely together.
Old 06-05-2020, 01:21 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,693 Times in 638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
I think the very biggest problem with C-C is when you leave and try to turn left on route 468.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
We have similar situations in the established Villages. Buttonwood has 1200 homes and only one exit onto St. Charles. If go down St. Charles and don't see cars waiting there, that's unusual. Also Pennecamp and Tamarind Grove exit out also onto St. Charles, and have problems at times.
We all have our pet peeves. Mine is that I HATE to turn left onto a busy 4-lane road without a traffic light or a roundabout. Since Pinellas, Hillsborough, and Moyer are 4-lane roads (2 cars, 2 golf carts), that restricts the choice of homes that I find suitable.

That is why we bought in Osceola Hills. We can come out of Deskin and go right into a nice roundabout where it is easy for us to go left. Life is good.
Old 06-05-2020, 02:42 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,400 Times in 1,460 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchad View Post
Don’t you mean you exit left out of Fenney onto Warm Springs road (468)?
I do, and thanks for the correction.
Old 06-05-2020, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyspear View Post
Our previous home was in Calumet Grove. We would sometimes hear the train off in the distance at night when everything was quiet (no tv on). I actually enjoyed the sound. My brother and sister also enjoy the sound of a train as long as it isn't too close/too loud. It must remind us of growing up in NW Indiana. My husband, on the other hand, complained about it. I don't think the sound actually bothered him. I think it was more a philosophical thing ("I paid a lot of money for this house. I shouldn't have to listen to a train!")

We moved within a year, not because of the train but because I wanted to be closer to stores, restaurants, and my sister. I totally agree with people who say come down and rent for a while. We made a few overnight trips but that is not enough to make an informed decision. We would have saved a bundle if we had rented for a month or two first.

Good luck.

kathy
Thank you Kathy. I plan to rent for the reasons you expressed. I do not want to buy, move, sell and buy, and move again much less go through all that that a third or fourth time.
Old 06-05-2020, 08:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Bretired View Post
Thank you Kathy. I plan to rent for the reasons you expressed. I do not want to buy, move, sell and buy, and move again much less go through all that that a third or fourth time.
Renting is the way to go, it's like in Baltimore, Towson and Essex and Dundalk can't be more different. Every Village here is the same way. Enjoy your visit. I like Tamarind Grove, we've been here 9 years, came from Abingdon.
Old 06-05-2020, 09:37 PM

We bought a 10-year old home near Lake Sumter for two primary reasons: we wanted the “central“ location and mature landscaping. Love our good-sized oak tree and palms, and those of our neighbors. In a few years, we will be on the “north end” as T.V. grows further south.
Some folks advised us to buy in the newer areas to meet more people our age (early 60s). We found out that our neighborhood is “turning over,” with a mix of older and younger people. We’ve also made great friends through our activities (golf, clubs, etc.)
We did not rent, but did a week-long lifestyle visit and then spent months looking at houses online. Definitely recommend getting both a T.V. sales person and MLS realtor so you can see any type of home.
We love it here!
Old 06-06-2020, 06:29 AM

If you don't want to move again, take your time. There is no rush as new homes are being built in Chitty Chatty and Bradford (Championship golf course coming). If you want an existing home, there are plenty to choose from. Figure out which model fits your style, then search for that. Then you can select the neighborhood. Most people are very friendly and helpful in TV, so you can make friends wherever you live. You may end up socializing with groups who don't live in your neighborhood as well as your neighbors. Just be open to possibilities and you'll find a great retirement community.
Old 06-06-2020, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxtrot View Post
Buy near Lake Sumpter or Brownwood, don't buy way south, nothing is there yet.

You won't regret moving here.
Older homes
Older amenities
More ambulances
Old 06-06-2020, 06:51 AM

Visit, rent, research and explore. Unless asked the realtors do not volunteer information. We are in Fenney and we do not hear any turnpike noise. The only noise we hear and feel is the occasional BLAST from the nearby quarry which was initially shocking. Otherwise, loving the lifestyle.
Old 06-06-2020, 10:41 AM

I just sold my house in California in April. Currently in a rental for 3 months. Just purchased a house in Monarch Grove and will be moving in July. The suggestions to rent a home are good and will also give you a chance to look around the various Villages to see what you like and where you want to be.

The one thing that I can say is that I have never been made to feel so welcome as I have here. My neighbors are wonderful and have definitely helped with suggestions, ideas and where to get things.

Enjoy your time, look around and welcome to The Villages.
Old 06-06-2020, 10:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,319 Times in 873 Posts

As many opinions as there are residents.....the good news is the bad choices are the ones that don't meet your personal needs and gut feeling. You have enough experience to know what they are. Take your time, no rush and decide only when you are ready to decide. One other thing, get caught up in the lifestye not the house. Take the time to ask about ARC, CDD, Resident Academy, Deed Restrictions (there are no HOA's here, only advocate clubs), additional taxation (Fruitland Park, Wildwood), Amenity fees (what they are and are not). There are large quantities of Kool Aid here, drink slowly.

Berks County Pennsylvania

Last edited by JoMar; 06-06-2020 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Had another thought
Old 06-06-2020, 11:52 AM

We have a beautiful pre owned home in the Village of Bonita. We have an expanded heated glass enclosed lanai, hardwood in 5 rooms, custom entertainment center and custom bookcases. You can look on the Villages website under homes-pre owned and then type in McDuffie Court. Albina
Old 06-06-2020, 12:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,172 Times in 441 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekker954 View Post
I'm heading to TV tomorrow for two weeks to look at resale "probably" bungalow villas. the Weather forecast looks awful.
I've heard undertones of parking issues in villas and then other friends love them.
Old 06-06-2020, 03:19 PM

I agree, bought a house in Linden And was worried about traffic noise. Don’t notice it all unless I listen for it. And I am close to the dog park. No problem.
Old 06-06-2020, 03:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekker954
I'm heading to TV tomorrow for two weeks to look at resale "probably" bungalow villas. the Weather forecast looks awful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
I've heard undertones of parking issues in villas and then other friends love them.
July 5th will be our ninth anniversary in a CYV (courtyard villa). If you have more than one car or have a lot of guests, then you will face some challenges. We have an overflow lot with 9 parking spaces and we have 80 villas. Right now there are probably 7 spaces available, in the winter, you have to be quick. The spaces are suppose to be guests only, but nobody monitors the lot.

If you're looking at nothing but new, most new CYVs built south of 44 will have a two car garage. Even in the established Villages, Artrium Dells, Alden Bungalows, Atwood Villas and Haciendas at Mission Hills and some others have many built with a two car garage. So that obstacle can be solved.

If you really wanted more space, like a garage plus a golf cart garage and need that fenced yard, they have the Veranda Homes in the new area. If you want a small place, but don't need the fence, the new patio villas are a big improvement in layout and style from before and many have a two car garage.

Here's a brand new patio villa with a two car garage for $195K.

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida
Closed Thread

Tags
turnpike, houses, villages, mcclure, monarch

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.