Helpful advice and warnings for brand new Villagers.

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Old 08-04-2016, 08:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,531 Times in 1,229 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by blicata View Post
As a former new yorker i would caution you re health care. The ratio of doctors to patients is very bad. Also, the villages health system now only accepts medicare advantage(not original medicare) many former nyers over 65 have medicare & good retiree health packages. We have good insurance but no doctors. Just something to keep in mind before buying in villages. Good luck.
The Villages Healthcare system is just one choice here in The Villages.. Many of us see physicians outside of that system. I would like to also point out that regular insurance of all kinds is accepted at The Villages Hospital. Several people have sent me P.M.s thinking that was not so. The Villages Hospital is not part of The Villages Healthcare system that is in the news.

The Villages Hospital was BUILT by the developer and is rented and run by the same company as the hospital in Leesburg. Health Alliance of Central Florida.

Many of us are from areas that have top notch teaching hospitals and the cutting edge in skilled physicians. The Cleveland Clinic is number one in Cardiac care. Anderson in Houston is number one in Cancer care. Philadelphia has the number one Childrens Hospital. Vanderbilt is best in handling serious contagious disease. I could go on and on. New York is your home and you love it, and the health care there is very good, and far better than here.

Florida in general doesn't rank high in health care you are correct, however there are local physicians who are adequate. I have always thought that the lack of really fine health care was the motivation behind the developer attempting to build a local good health care system. But I am told it was greed that was his motivation.

Last edited by graciegirl; 08-04-2016 at 08:12 AM.
Old 08-05-2016, 01:27 PM

Thanks so much for starting this thread. My husband and I are closing on our home in Duval next week and we are so excited about moving to TV. All tips/hints are greatly appreciated. Can someone tell me how we pay the amenity fee - will it be included on our water bill??
Old 08-05-2016, 01:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,392 Times in 661 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino8678 View Post
Thanks so much for starting this thread. My husband and I are closing on our home in Duval next week and we are so excited about moving to TV. All tips/hints are greatly appreciated. Can someone tell me how we pay the amenity fee - will it be included on our water bill??
Yes.
Old 08-05-2016, 02:01 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino8678 View Post

Make sure you pay it when due, I'm sure you will but this month I noticed there is a late fee imposed if not paid on time.
Old 08-05-2016, 02:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,664 Times in 745 Posts

When is the time this bill usually arrives? Do you get the first month for free? Is there a coupon or an early bird payment special! Calm down I'm just joking except for the timing of the bill. Thank's.
Old 08-05-2016, 05:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
When is the time this bill usually arrives? Do you get the first month for free? Is there a coupon or an early bird payment special! Calm down I'm just joking except for the timing of the bill. Thank's.
I usually get mine before the end of the month for the next month. It's clockwork....tic....tock....tic....tock.....

Must be paid by the 12th of each month or a late charge will incur.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 08-05-2016, 07:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,664 Times in 745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
I usually get mine before the end of the month for the next month. It's clockwork....tic....tock....tic....tock.....

Must be paid by the 12th of each month or a late charge will incur.
Thank You Sir. I'll call on monday.
Old 08-05-2016, 09:22 PM
Gold member

Got mine yesterday.
Old 08-05-2016, 10:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
I usually get mine before the end of the month for the next month. Must be paid by the 12th of each month or a late charge will incur.
I'm on Autopay with Citizens Bank for all TV bills. No late charges, ever.
Old 08-06-2016, 06:47 AM
Sage
Location: East Meadow NY, Brooklyn, Staten Island, Auburn NY, Lake Deaton
Thanked 2,922 Times in 894 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I'm on Autopay with Citizens Bank for all TV bills. No late charges, ever.
Is that in real dollars or that Canadian funny money??? Do they accept payment in lobster?????
Old 08-06-2016, 07:46 AM

When you buy, especially used, be sure to take care of transferring the gas and electric accounts to your name or confirm it has been done. This is not automatically done at closing and they will be shut off without notice if not taken care of. Seems like a no brainer bit it happened to us.
Old 08-06-2016, 05:45 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaniceOhio View Post
Question... I am closing on a model in January. Do I need to bring my own independent inspector with me? People have noted that I have no representation... Price is right. Loan is right...and with the home warranty .. does anyone ever hire an independent? Inspection is morning of closing.

Grateful for any response..
Hi, just a thought, it may be you can get one of the great guys we know, not really officially inspectors but probably more smarts than most.
Bill Mc Kenzie of Gable Insulators and Action Jackson is a handyman who is really great. We have known inspectors at another location who we had to show them how to open a door. In some states, not sure of here, a home inspector needs to be able to walk and talk. That is about it. bbbbbb
Old 08-06-2016, 05:51 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Guy View Post
Your post raises several questions:

1. What do larger cart dealers do that is unaccptable to you that smaller cart dealers do not do?

2. Did you have a problem(s) with a specific brand of seats and what was the problem(s)?

3. What did you find out was not covered by the warranty that you expected to be covered?

Looking forward to hearing your answers since they could be useful to many future and current Villagers.
We bought from ACC carts, they are near Bonefish Grill in that center. They are great, good prices, we got the EzGo electric and we love it. Range is no problem and the gas pushers want to sell gas. We got turn signals, belts, good sunbrella, great seats, dash with cup holders and locking compartments, cap tray up front, extra lights, great service will come to your home for the first year on service. We really are happy with AGC and we did shop the other shops, really did a lot of looking. bbbbbb
Old 08-06-2016, 06:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Is that in real dollars or that Canadian funny money??? Do they accept payment in lobster?????
She has a claws in her checking account to pay in loonies & toonies.
Old 08-06-2016, 06:24 PM
Sage
Location: East Meadow NY, Brooklyn, Staten Island, Auburn NY, Lake Deaton
Thanked 2,922 Times in 894 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
She has a claws in her checking account to pay in loonies & toonies.
Good one!!!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.