Hillary is the winner of a poll at Spanish Springs

Closed Thread
Old 07-12-2007, 08:55 PM
Default Re: Hillary is the winner of a poll at Spanish Springs

Elephants never forget, so let's remind Hillary Clinton of her past positions on Iraq and cure her memory loss.

On October 11, 2002, she cast her vote supporting the President's resolution to go to war. She said her vote was cast with the "conviction" that the war authorization "best serves the security of our nation."

Hillary also said that she rejected setting a timetable to withdraw from Iraq. Her exact words:

"I reject a rigid timetable that the terrorists can exploit, and I reject an open timetable that has no ending attached to it." (Associated Press, 12/3/05)

But in recent months and days, Hillary has voted against providing funds to support our troops and their safety. The legislation she voted against provided $1.6 billion for body armor, $2.4 billion to help combat IEDs, and $3 billion for mine resistant vehicles.

And now she is saying that "this is not our fight." She wants to withdraw.

Old 07-12-2007, 09:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts
Default A Couple Of Comments In Response

Everyone has a right to their opinion. I respect the fact that you took the time to state yours.

But I have a couple of comments in response...
  • It seems to me that there are about as many far right wing activists as there are far left wing activists. And they refuse to talk with one another. That seems to be a major cause of our screwed up Congress.
  • The art or study of using language effectively and persuasively is spelled rhetoric, not "rederick".
  • I think you probably have it right in not capitalizing the title of the primary elected official in our republic. It probably should be "president Bush". He is such an inept idealogue that he probably shouldn't be honored with the correct spelling of his office: President.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:39 PM

Gee, my point is made. Name calling and down right cruelty. Yes, I misspelled rhetoric, I guess I am ignorant in your eyes. I'm sure you have never made mistakes. It was a mistake for me to try and kindly point out how things are being viewed by some of us who really just look at the candidate. Not the party.

There was no disrespect on my part to OUR president. I don't always agree with him but I don't think he deserves that.

Your snide remarks don't even deserve a response and it was a mistake for me to come on board and think that my thoughts would be respected. I'm done posting here. It's a shame that cruelty is part of some people's nature. I hope I am never that cruel to anyone.

Yes, there are fanatics on both sides. I think fanaticism on either side is wrong. Unfortunately you have convinced me that the LEFT is way out of line and all they know is hatred and criticism. I see it everytime a debate is started. I'm done with this board and the left. DONE! The only thing the Left wants to hear is their side. After that they spew hate to someone who disagrees and that is really the only argument they have.

I don't think I ever made one cruel remark to anyone here. Shame on you. You did what you set out to do and you've hit a nerve but the one thing you most certainly succeeded in was convince me that I'm swaying to the correct side. The biggest problem I see with the right is they don't stand up to the fanatics on the LEFT.

Enjoy your board. I'm ashamed to have been part of it for a very short time. I respected your opinion but mine counts for something, too.

Don't sit there and tell me you respect my opinion and then bash me like you just did. You could have pointed out your 1st point and left the rest unsaid. Kindness goes a long way. You're entitled to your opinion but you are not entitled to hurt someone's feelings because they disagree with you. Have a nice day.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:12 PM

Sorry that you left the boards...
I DO have to disagree with your "take" on where the HATE MONGERING comes from.
It starts with the likes of people such as Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reily, Ann Coulter, etc...saying OUTRAGEOUS things in the media. They spew hatred.
The rest of us pick it up in order to preserve some sense of balance between what THEY are saying and what is truth.
There is no one on the left, not even Michael Moore, who is spewing this kind of hatred to millions who listen on the radio and TV---FIVE DAYS A WEEK AS A STEADY DIET!

I think that makes those of us who DO lean left-- feel a knee-jerk reaction when someone is repeating the hatred from the Limbaugh's and Coulters of the world....there is no one else out there giving the other side as a STEADY DIET....
Old 07-13-2007, 04:38 PM

I wasn't repeating anything from the Limbaugh's or the Coulter's, let alone hatred. I personally think Ann Coulter is far too right. I totally disagree with her tactics. There is something wrong with all radicals. What I resent are the personal attacks , like being called ignorant or having a mistake pointed out in the way it was done. Two wrongs don't make a right. I'm a very good person and no one on your side has the right to offend me like it was done. If you have a beef with Ann Coulter or Rush Limbaugh voice it to them. Not me or at me.

There is no excuses for cruelty or name calling. We're all adults and no one should blame it on anyone else. We need to take responsibility for our own behavior. Quite frankly, you don't help your cause, at all, by being rude to someone else.

I feel sorry for those who think that being rude is ok because they don't agree with them. I have not been rude to anyone on this board. I , however, will stand up for myself.

I was still on the net doing some work when your post came up. I really am done with this but had to respond. You are probably a nice person but demeaning someone else is not polite. I surround myself with good people who would never do that to anyone else for any reason. It's ok to state your views but not ok to be so insulting.

And give me a break, CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC, Michael Moore (since you mentioned him) and the Hollywood Left clan etc. etc. etc. all give the Left all their time. So don't tell me that you are frustrated because your side isn't given. It's all I hear. I've been hearing that argument lately and it doesn't hold water. It's just more rhetoric (did I spell it right?). I don't even listen to Ann Coulter or Rush Limbaugh. I get my opinions by following the candidates themselves. Ann Coulter has been offensive to me, also, the few times I've heard her speak on issues. She goes to the other extreme. I can name a few on the other side myself but what is the point? This isn't a contest. Right is right and wrong is wrong.

We need to be civil with all other human beings. Isn't that what the left professes to want for everyone? I see just the opposite and many others do, too. They're just afraid to say anything because when you talk politics with someone who hasn't the same views, you get attacked. That is WRONG. That is HATE MONGERING. Maybe I will just sit back and watch this board.

I, however, am very disappointed at what I am seeing. I know that the majority of the people at TV would never treat someone else in this manner. They're probably just as disappointed as I am but are afraid to speak up.

Old 07-13-2007, 04:42 PM

oh excuse me, I made another blunder...........................it should be.........."there are no excuses". Just thought I'd point it out myself before someone insults me again. I'm sure I'll make many more mistakes but at least I'm not out to hurt anyone.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:06 PM

Has anyone noticed the new AP poll that came out today. The current congress now has an approval rating LESS than the Republican congress had before the 2006 elections.

Isn't it about time our congress start working on the nation's problems and quit the continuous talking about what they are going to do. Seems no matter the party affiliation neither is going to do anything. I helped to vote out the Republicans last year and now the Dems are performing even worse.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:14 PM

noleguy,

You are exactly right. That's how I feel. Both parties need to wake up and realize they have a job to do. Their job is more than just fighting. We have so much that needs to be done and nothing is getting done. It's ridiculous.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:06 PM

Unfortunately, the new Dems in the Congress have their hands tied in getting anything done there. The R's can still make sure that nothing is done--and George will veto anything that the Dem's try to do that it decent.

I know many are trying to say that it is the Dem's fault---but, when you only have a two or three vote majority--you STILL can't get anything done....because of the filibuster.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:21 PM

But other than having some sort of vote on the Iraq situation every other day, what else have the Dems even tried to get thru congress????????
Old 07-14-2007, 02:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts
Default I'm Not Sure That Criticism Of Either The Dems Or The GOP In Congress...

...is necessarily correct. The Congress is an elected deliberative body. For the past 8-10 years both the House and Senate have done little except become more polarized. For a part of that time we had a Republican Congress and a Democratic President and now a Democratic Congress and a Republican President, so I'm not certain there's any conclusion to be reached other than the entire system is broken.

I suspect there are a lot of people who share a lot of the views I have. I have conservative views with regard to fiscal policy, but more liberal beliefs on social issues. And unlike many of those we've elected to Congress, I'd like to think I'm willing to be convinced there might be a better idea for the American people. A "centrist"? I guess that's what I am.

How will I vote next time? After having been badly disappointed in what candidates said compared to what they have done in recent years, I've adopted a new voting strategy for future national elections...

I will vote for the candidate that has absolutely the LEAST experience in Washington regardless of his/her party or campaign platform. Then I will NEVER vote for that candidate for re-election to a subsequent term.

If you want to describe that as "throw 'em all out and start over"...I guess that's what I'd favor.

The only candidate that might cause me to vary from my new self-adopted voting policy would be one who uneqivocally stated that he would propose and vote for a complete re-do of political campaign finances including a limit on the pre-election campaign period and a limit on campaign spending limited to that provided by the government.

If more people got off their unyielding support of single issues, political parties or special interests, I think we'd all be better off.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:43 PM

One of the bills that passed the House is a bill to lower the interest rate for student loans. I hope that everyone in Congress can support this bill, even if a lot of Reps didn't vote for the House bill. The fact that certain banks were paying many college officers kick backs on student loans and this bill would open up the field for other banks to advertise to students on campus. Something the banks were not allowed to do before.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:58 PM

Hillary please. I understand that New York is happy with her. I wish she would just stay there.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:08 PM

Ummmmmmmmmm....I THINK the Republicans have been WITHOUT A PLAN for the last 7 years.....and Bush is the one who lied to get us INTO THIS WAR!

Someday, they are going to impeach Presidents for important things--and NOT just for having oral sex in the White House. Don't know when....
Old 07-14-2007, 08:32 PM

Clinton was impeached for lying under oath not filandering in the Whitehouse.

I honestly with all my heart do not believe that President Bush lied about WMD's. He may have been misinformed but just about the entire world (most all other countries) believe Sadam had WMD's. He set himself up when he refused the inspectors to do their jobs. That's really what started all this.

Regardless, our troops are over there and they need our support and love. My family has adopted a squadron to stay in touch with. You can choose a soldier or a squadron to adopt by going to

www.anysoldier.com

or I invite you to adopt the same squadron my family has adopted. We need to stop harping on what we think are facts and support these young men and women while they fight for our right to debate all of this. Here is the info if anyone is interested:

I chose an Air Force Unit stationed in Qatar. They are a search team. You can get the info on this unit and see pictures of the contact person & the unit.
The unit consists of 24 males,,, 8 Females. You can also get their requested needed items in the info posted by our contact person.

Our contact person and his mailing address to ship packages is::::
TSGT Steven J. Neith
Attn: Any Airman
379 ESFS / Day Search
APO AE 09309

To see our guys/gals... go to AnySoldier.com

I'm very proud of our country and our soldiers. They have given us the freedom we enjoy and they keep us safe. We should all find something positive to do for them regardless how we feel about the politics of it all.

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.